Archmage Rises - Mark Webster joins Team

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Couchpotato spotted that veteran designer Mark Webster joined the Archmage Rises team:

Former God of War Designer Joins Archmage Rises Team

Design veteran Mark Webster has joined the Defiance team to help improve Archmage Rises game design.

Mark comes by way of Sony's Santa Monica Studio where he worked on Game of the Year titles God of War (2018) and God of War Ragnarok (2022). Before that, he also assisted Activision Blizzard with their Skylanders, Guitar Hero, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance franchises.

Mark has been following Archmage Rises since he and Thomas met at a game conference in 2019. Mark is excited to dive in to coaching us on game design. He already started digging into Combat today!

We're grateful for the chance timing and opportunity which made this possible for our little indie title. We're serious about making this game great!
More information.

I can't comment on Mark Webster, but the game looks pretty interesting: a mixture of base building, research and crafting, overland travelling, turnbased combat etc. I am curious if they manage to create a fun game out of this. I'm not sure what to think about the permadeath-premise, though. To me, this only works in short games, which (I guess) is rather not the case with this one.

Back
Top Bottom