Age of Wonders 4 - 250k copies sold

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Techraptor reports that Age of Wonders 4 sold 250k copies in a short time:

Age Of Wonders 4 Sales Hit 250k In Just Four Days

Age of Wonders 4 sales managed to reach 250,000 in just four days, according to new data revealed by publisher Paradox Interactive. This figure makes the fourth major installment in the Age of Wonders series the fastest-selling across its franchise, which should be encouraging if you love these games.

In a press release, Paradox says that between May 2nd, when Age of Wonders 4 launched, and May 6th, the game sold 250,000 copies across PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S. These sales take into account both pre-orders and post-launch sales and also incorporate both the standard and premium editions of Age of Wonders 4.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

I've been enjoying the Hell out of this game since it's released. Surprised there's not more buzz about it, it seems to have sold well etc.

There's a few threads about the game some of us love and others don't. I have mixed feelings about the axed story campaigns like past games, but I guess many don't care.

Sadly Paradox and Triumph Studios has turned the series into just another 4X game.

Sadly Paradox and Triumph Studios has turned the series into just another 4X game.
I got to second this. Played the game for a few hours. It's great, but not as great as the previous entry was when it came out. It feels as if they had scaled down the RPG and exploration-with-a-hero elements and improved the empire management elements making the game more similar to other 4X games. Still, I am hooked. Guarding my cities from those evil wizard kings feels tense. They keep on hanging outside my borders binding my hero and troops from exploring dungeons.

Back
Top Bottom