Risen 3: Titan Lords - Retrospective Review @ Mortismal Gaming

I find myself agreeing with Mortismal's reviews more often then not, and this one is no exception. Risen 3 was just fun enough to play but not very satisfying.

I found Risen 3 lacking back then, just a bit too plain and uninspiring of a game. It may have something to do with it being a time when some really good games were coming out and this one just didn't meet expectations.

Risen three to me felt very much like a retread, I much prefer the prior two games in the series. I've not replayed this one and doubt I ever will.

I did not enjoy Risen 3 at all. Stopped playing after 7 hours, which is rare for me.
I really enjoyed the early hours for some reason. Maybe I was caught up in the hype about how it was supposed to be improved from Risen 2. We could finally swim after not being able to in Risen 1&2, and I remember being excited about how that would add to the exploration.

In the end though, it was too generic and much too bloated. I'm not sure if I would ever replay it.

I enjoyed Risen 3. Good game, and way better than the boring Risen 2. It's not really better than the competition, though.

Back
Top Bottom