Non-RPG General News - The Entire History of Video Games

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
NeverKnowsBest has released a long video that is the first part (!) of a series, The Entire History of Video Games. It's a 6-hour documentary, so as he puts it in his tweet, 'Maybe watch it in more than one sitting. Also the second channel was deleted but hopefully it will be undeleted. Maybe.'. Timestamps are in the video description:

The Entire History of Video Games

Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

I started watching and the documentary seems well made. I don't know if I have six hours but I like it.

Plus, it follows my life pretty much. 1978 I got an Atari for Christmas and a few years later my dad purchased an Apple 2e. Not to mention the pocket full of quarters spent in arcades.

Last edited:
First arrived wins ... a free 2nd round? ;)

I don't know what he meant by the '2nd channel'. I've only had a quick look but it seemed fine. I'm sure I saw a similar video posted not long ago, from the same author or a similar one, but I can't retrieve it; maybe he had another Youtube channel and that's what was deleted. But 6 hours should be plenty already.

PS: If that's too short, there's still the Noah Caldwell-Gervais' videos on Fallout landscapes. 😵

EDIT: @HiddenX Sorry, I misread the timestamps - all 3 episodes are in, so it covers until '2010s and beyond'

Last edited:
I started watching and the documentary seems well made. I don't know if I have six hours but I like it.

Plus, it follows my life pretty much. 1978 I got an Atari for Christmas and a few years later my dad purchased an Apple 2e. Not to mention the pocket full of quarters spent in arcades.
Me also ! I remember LOOM was the first computer game I ever played.

It's an impressive work that examines many aspects of video games: consoles, PC, peripherals, Japan/US gaming, online gaming, revenues, live services, indie games, controversies, recurrent crises, market saturation, ... I see why it's so long, now.

It's very well made and he's obviously done his research (as always).

Youtube's policy and random errors become more and more disgusting. They deleted NeverKnowsBest's 2nd channel a few days ago, and now they've demonetized this video, which took him months to make. And he's not the first to report those abuses.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPTXRV1GU4E

Yeah I've seen many creators lose their channel or get de-montized. Sometimes it's users who report wrong violations, or it's due to weird copyright violations.

Once or twice I've seen channels get hijacked for ransom or revenge.

Back
Top Bottom