Etrian Odyssey HD - Released

$40 for a remastered Nintendo DS game, and people are raving about it. Something tells me the nostalgia is strong with this one.

They are great games, but $40 each is way too much...

$40 for a remastered Nintendo DS game, and people are raving about it. Something tells me the nostalgia is strong with this one.
$40? I wish. Over here, we pay more than $60. Don't know what they're thinking...

It's not just nostalgia, it's game genre enjoyment... or not.

I only played the first, and it has many interesting designs, but at the end it's a typical game some player can enjoy a lot and some payers not at all. Erg, like any game?

Not really like any game, for most games it's more a difference of degree of enjoyment, in a game as EO there's more chance of a shift between enjoy a lot and can't bear it long. So I was in section of "enjoy a lot" and switched to section "bores me" just because of some typical JRpG design, grinding I can't bear and that many Japanese players seem enjoy. I remind a streamer player was quoting that repetitive actions had a sort of mantra values, both relaxing and re centering, for me the only effect is get more and more bored and end consider my life worth better than that.

But I agree on the ridiculous price, some people felt on their head, they are just indies games, if you check how long to beat play time they seem big games but it's a lot about grinding more than amount of content. And 40$ even as new releases for one of them would be ridiculous and be disconnected with reality.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom