Jagged Alliance 3 - Pre-order live!

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Jagged Alliance 3 can now be pre-ordered on Steam and GOG with a -20% discount, 'no skins attached':

Hire Your Mercs Now: Jagged Alliance 3 Pre-order Is Live!

Ah, pre-order! You, yes you, getting the marvelous opportunity to throw your hard-earned cash at publishers and developers before the game is even unleashed upon the world! But why on earth would you do that, you ask? Because obviously there's something special in store for you: the glorious promise of shiny items, consumables or cosmetics for your soon-to-be gaming extravaganza!

Except... Not with Jagged Alliance 3. Sorry to burst your pixelated bubble, but we didn't hop on the costume-making bandwagon for our badass Mercs. No sir, no fancy frills here. And just when you thought it couldn't get any better, guess what? We won't dangle the tempting carrot of some days of Early Access in front of you, nor will we tease you with ludicrous horse armor. Oh, no! We're cutting straight to the chase and saving you from any horsing around... because there are no horses either. And we are also passing on any kind of pass here.

But hey, don't lose faith just yet, brave gaming warrior! If you dare to put your trust in us and the mighty developers of Jagged Alliance 3, if you're brave enough to take that pre-order plunge, we've actually got something for you:

You'll be rewarded with a 20% discount! That's right, amigo, we're slashing a cool 20% off the regular price for our digital pre-order.

That's it. No skins attached.
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

Great news!! I'm seriously thinking of pre-ordering this game :)

Erm... No, thank you. The past has shown me to be extra careful with pre-orders and that is doubly so with anything that is a Jagged Alliance clone/sequel/remake/whatever. I will wait for the reviews and some videos and then, hopefully, gladly pay 20% extra (or even save 100% by not buying it).

I'm almost sure I'll get it, but I'm also being careful with pre-orders. And there's the backlog to clean first.

Warning though: there was a self-contradicting remark, which I think means there won't be a launch discount:
Please note: Although we've said it before, there will be a launch discount, this one has been replaced with the pre-order discount. No discount planned for the launch phase.

It is made by an unknown studio from Bulgaria, there is no demo and not a single remake of JA2 was even close to the original. Devs just don't understand what made JA2 work. 7.62 Hardlife was the closest spiritually and it was a mess.

P.S. There is a plethora of people trolling game's steam forums in a usual culture warfare. Not sure why, game either good or not regardless of esthetics. Although I personally find quirky genZ NPC in modern games annoying as f.

Last edited:
It is made by an unknown studio from Bulgaria
I can't tell about the closeness to JA2 (I haven't played it), but it doesn't look like an unknown studio: https://steamdb.info/developer/Haemimont+Games/

The scores are all over the place, though. Let's hope they picked the right people. ;)

They made many comparisons to JA2 in their streams, and they genuinely seem to try and capture the same feeling. Did that look so different?

Good example of personal bias, thank you. As I never was interested in Tropico type games devs were unknown to me. Now after you pointed that out, yea, they are not complete amateurs. So there is hope.

Not doing pre-orders as my latest burn on early access, BG3, still hurts. But in this case it's the iteration of DnD system at fault not the devs.

Not doing pre-orders as my latest burn on early access, BG3, still hurts. But in this case it's the iteration of DnD system at fault not the devs.
I wonder how that one will be received. The public part in the EA is well made, and I'm sure the whole game will be as good. But there's the same comparison to BG and BG2, and also with previous games attempting to capture the feeling of those games. (And we know what BG fans think about that comparison for BG3.)

Imagine if both JA3 and BG3 disappoint fans because they don't feel like their spiritual ancestors. That'd be a shame of a summer. :D

I wonder how that one will be received. The public part in the EA is well made, and I'm sure the whole game will be as good. But there's the same comparison to BG and BG2, and also with previous games attempting to capture the feeling of those games. (And we know what BG fans think about that comparison for BG3.)

Imagine if both JA3 and BG3 disappoint fans because they don't feel like their spiritual ancestors. That'd be a shame of a summer. :D
I think BG3 will be fine. It seemed pretty solid to me the last time I tried the EA, and that was around 2 years ago. I expect it's better now. The only thing I didn't like was the voice acting which imo sounded ridiculously out of place with some characters.

I suspect the primary reason some people are turning on it is because of the time frame. Multiple delays can be very frustrating. A lot of people turned on System Shock because of how long it took.

Unlike the previous JA game, which btw, was made by the same Publisher, different developers, this one was already previewed a lot and there are plenty of streams available as streamers were allowed to show the first 12h of the game. And so far the consensus is that its going to be "at least" a decent game. Whether or not it will be a "game of the year" is to be seen at release. There have been individual elements of the press version which had been critizised. Will need to see if Haemimont was able to fix them in the meanwhile.

Also, Ian Currie is actually working on this JA3. Ian was a big part of the success of the originals. He coded a big chunk of both the original Jagged Alliance 1 and Dealy Games. He also was the designer/producer/director of JA2 and Unfinished Business and did a "bit" of the coding/scripting. His wife also did both design and level design on all 4 of the original games.

Regardless of whether it is good or bad, this JA3 is as close to a true sequel that we gotten so far to JA2/Unfinished Business.

Back
Top Bottom