Baldur's Gate 3 - Introducing Lord Enver Gortash

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Wccftech The Summer Games Fest has brought news from Larian about Baldur's Gate 3.

At Summer Game Fest 2023, Larian Studios revealed that award-winning actor Jason Isaacs (known primarily as Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies, although he was also featured in many other high-profile films and TV shows like Mass and Star Trek: Discovery) will play one of the main antagonists in Baldur's Gate 3.

[...]
More information.

Cool. I like Jason Issacs. I wonder why they waited so long to reveal this.

Anyone know who the other character is at the end of the video?

I do wonder how much these big names are cutting into their budget, and if they have that kind of money to throw around without affecting their other work.
I kind of doubt that these kind of big names make that much of a difference. But I guess it makes more decent marketing.

Funny enough, I did not recognize the dude. And when I read he played Malfoy in Harry Potter, I said how the hell did that blonde got this old this fast.

Funny enough, I did not recognize the dude.
Me neither, so wasted bucks for me.
I'm also sceptical with this big names. Despite liking Keanu Reaves like every other internet guy, I don't think that including him in CP77 helped the game. If it helped the revenue I can not tell off course...

Know him best as the initial captain in Star Trek Discovery but also a solid Stage and TV actor. Despite concerns about the cost to Larian it is, at least, good to see that they are taking the game seriously enough to hire people of his quality.

Last edited:
What's up with the very sucky and Inane Lack of Skilled Facial Mimicry? Larian Studios' realization of facial expressions in the cutscenes feels like a content of a clogged toiled was thrown onto the faces. Ugly-content producing, lame, unskilled idiots, who should have been financially defaulted and disappeared from the scene a long time ago. Bad horribly ridiculous armor-animations as well.

What's up with the very sucky and Inane Lack of Skilled Facial Mimicry? Larian Studios' realization of facial expressions in the cutscenes feels like a content of a clogged toiled was thrown onto the faces. Ugly-content producing, lame, unskilled idiots, who should have been financially defaulted and disappeared from the scene a long time ago. Bad horribly ridiculous armor-animations as well.
Lol, don't worry. You saw automatons walking, not human characters.

About facial animations, it's true that we've already seen considerably better. But this is a top-down tactical RPG. I compare it more with XCOM-like games than Mass Effect-like ones. And compared to other tactical RPGs game, it looks real nice.

Know him best as the initial captain in Star Trek Discovery but also a solid Stage and TV actor. Despite concerns about the cost to Larian it is, at least, good to see that they are taking the game seriously enough to hire people of his quality.
He was good as Captain Lorca in ST, but I remember him more from the role he played in The OA.

I do wonder how much these big names are cutting into their budget, and if they have that kind of money to throw around without affecting their other work.
I kind of doubt that these kind of big names make that much of a difference. But I guess it makes more decent marketing.

Funny enough, I did not recognize the dude. And when I read he played Malfoy in Harry Potter, I said how the hell did that blonde got this old this fast.
Yeah yeah, but I quoted that the current (very) approximate amount of sells of EA version just on Steam is already 4.5M, and it's no full game just chapter 1, even if I suppose a ton of players buy the game EA without realize it will never include more than chapter 1 until release.

So it could be as well excess of income unplanned better put on more com and better English vocal acting. Put this extra on anything else would drag the game to delayed release. That said, I'm still sad it won't be like AAA games so with French vocal acting, most often very well done in video games.

I don't think he's THAT expensive for voice work. I have no doubt they've already made their production costs in the pre-orders/early access, so the rest is gravy.

I really can't wait to play this. With the release of the Pimax Crystal, I at least have some other things lined up in the meantime.

With the release of the Pimax Crystal, I at least have some other things lined up in the meantime.
I had to Google that because I had no idea what you were referring to. I'm not much into VR, but that set looks like it's going to be a good one. For that price, it better be.

Last edited:
I have no doubt they've already made their production costs in the pre-orders/early access, so the rest is gravy.
I doubt it, they couldn't anticipate the massive income from first chapter EA. And I don't see this team not consider exploit a part of unexpected income for current game they have the ambition to be the best RPG ever.

Some dev video hint vocal acting out of act 1 was decisions made rather late, as for Minsk.

Back
Top Bottom