The Lamplighters League - Release Date: October 3

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Lamplighters League will be released on October 3:

The Lamplighters League - Release Date Reveal Trailer

Out October 3rd! Sneak, steal, and shoot your way through a world of pulp adventure in The Lamplighters League! Globetrot across a variety of exciting locales around the world and outwit your enemies in strategic turn-based combat - and, if you play your cards right, you might just save the world.
More information.

This autumn is going to be mad :D

Even for me there are tons of releases I want to play and I still have a backlog of bought games as well as a backlog of games on my wishlist.
Games that are not yet released but should be in the next 12 months:
  • Baldur's Gate 3
  • Lamplighter's League
  • Colony Ship RPG
  • Jagged Alliance 3
  • Zoria Age of Shattering
  • Project Haven
  • Cyberpunk + DLC

Games on my wishlist I still want to buy:
  • Miasma Chronicles
  • Showgunners
  • Lost Eidolons
  • Dishonored 2

Games I have I still need to play:
  • Pillars of Eternity 1 (just restarted #1) and 2
  • Divinity Original Sin (started last week)
  • Mount and Blade 2 (release version, as I played during EA)
  • Fallout 3 + New Vegas
  • ATOM RPG

Think I have enough games in backlog ? :O

Bring it on - my wish list can take it!

• This autumn is going to be mad :D

Even for me there are tons of releases I want to play and I still have a backlog of bought games as well as a backlog of games on my wishlist.
    Games that are not yet released but should be in the next 12 months:
    • Baldur's Gate 3
    • Lamplighter's League
    • Colony Ship RPG
    • Jagged Alliance 3
    • Zoria Age of Shattering
    • Project Haven
    • Cyberpunk + DLC

Games on my wishlist I still want to buy:
    • Miasma Chronicles
    • Showgunners
    • Lost Eidolons
    • Dishonored 2

• Fallout 3 + New Vegas
    • ATOM RPG

I appreciate this is not an exhaustive list, but surprised not to see Rogue trader and Starfield?

• I appreciate this is not an exhaustive list, but surprised not to see Rogue trader and Starfield?
Rogue Trader would be on there but I expect it may be delayed until 2024. Starfield is not really my type of game, I've never managed to get into Bethesda's games. Even Fallout 3 I will only give a try because I loved 1 & 2 but it's not a top priority.

I had been recently wondering what Harebrained Studios were up to, good to see another game from them.

Is this their own IP?

Is this their own IP?
From what I have read and watched in the video diaries yes. They wanted to create a new IP not based on any license. I would love another Battletech game though.

I was hoping for a Battletech game, but this looks cool. But early October, man, first world problems but I have way, way too many games I want to play coming out in like a 2 month window.

One day you might as past interviews mentioned the possibility.

They wont be the same or made with Unity though.

I've been extremely happy with this studio; and hopefully ms acquisition hasn't harmed them. Definitely going to give it a try unless it gets review bombed ;)

I've been extremely happy with this studio; and hopefully ms acquisition hasn't harmed them. Definitely going to give it a try unless it gets review bombed ;)
In one of the other threads (on Rogue Trader - @Vaelith & @purpleblob ), there's some discussion about fandom of devs. This fits in quite well. I wouldn't call myself a fan but I certainly think they deserve a look even though I may not have looked at this game if it came from random developer X.

I enjoyed all the Shadowrun games and still play Battletech from time to time, so it makes me want to try out their new games.

All dev great games I know are strongly based on an IP, and invent a fresh new IP is a lot more difficult and different than adapt well a seriously developed IP.

But on another ways if Battletch IP looks quite sophisticated on combats design and mech building, Shadowrun IP looks very strong more for lore and stilll Shadowrun Returns had plenty good combats, and Dragonfall is a collection of great combats with a high diversity. I'm a lot more skeptical for Hong Kong I felt it was like great tactical designers had switch already to Battletech.

Really want to play it, but on another way, I'll consider the gamepass option at least for a first try. I feel players are too much dev fans, but it's not just for video games, for music too for example. Devs do good and bad games for me, I see no exception, Bioware, InExile, Obsidian, Bethesda, Fireaxis, Larian, CDP, Blizzard, Supergiant, Origin Systems, SSI, New World Computing, Looking Glass Technologies, Sir-Tech, more.

This autumn is going to be mad

• Fallout 3 + New Vegas
  • ATOM RPG

What's wrong with me, I wonder, perhaps it's a finesse around the word "need" to play. If I I would count games owned and never played, it's certainly more than 500.

But on another way, I don't need play any, only could play some, no list but when I'll search a game to play in games I own.

Hah, I get incentivized to play games that are review bombed. When something gets a lot of attention, even if it's bad attention, it's for a reason. If it was just a bad game, it'd simply get ignored and go under the radar without noise.

It does look good so far, worth giving it a rain check at least.

I've been extremely happy with this studio; and hopefully ms acquisition hasn't harmed them.
When did MS buy them? They were bought by Paradox after/during the release of Battletech and I haven't heard anything about another sale.

The setting is not extremely appealing to me, but if the mechanics are solid I will play it. It hurts my heart, but doesn't look to be a day one for me atm.

Back
Top Bottom