Honkai: Star Rail - Accolades Trailer

According to an official bug fixing announcement, 1.2 comes on July 19th 2023.

My main character is on level 80 now. I need some time to level up the 19 others.

My main group is at the border of level 40 now, and they just did the 2nd Equilibrium test. They are finally ready to jump to the next place - they never left Belobog so far.

Apart from that, I'm beginning to plan an "Impressions" article. It might take a while, though, because I'm planning to go on vaction around the next weekend.

Upon preparing that, I noticed 2 tiny details : Have you ever taken a closer look at the Hoyolab logo ? It shows a tiny train ...
Therefore ... I tend to believe that Star Rail was much longer planned, and is - that's my thought theory right now - rather a "product of love" than a commercially oriented game. My guess is that it isn't so much commercially oriented because it is so much stylized ...

The other detail is the essence of the "trailblazing" itself.

The Star Rail connects all kinds of areas with one another.
And in Genshin Impact, it is possible to travel from Mondstadt to Sumeru by foot in one go. Only Inazuma is kind of isolated, but even after the main story is done, it gets connected to the rest of the world.

I think now that there might be in fact an underlying theme under Genshin Impact and Honkai : Star Rail : It is the "Silk Road" theme ...

@Alrik Fassbauer Honkai: Star Rail must be a commercially oriented game, because it is very expensive to make.
The miHoYo designers are very good at creating a game according to their vision. They rarely make any compromises.

• Genshin Impact: A Fairy Tale open-world action RPG with lots of characters and story elements.
  • Honkai: Star Rail: A Sci-Fi map-based dungeon crawler with turn-based combat and lots of characters and story elements.
Both with lots character building / gear building (grinding) and Gacha elements.

But ... I have never ever seen a thing like Light Cones in a game ...

But ... I have never ever seen a thing like Light Cones in a game ...
But you did, these are called weapons in other games. Different visual representation of the same basic concept, gives you additional stats and some sort of a skill. The only difference is that it comes in a form of a picture of something instead of a boring old stick.

I do know that these are "weapons" ... I look at it rather from a philosophical/spiritual point of view.

The Light cones are to me in fact nothing other than ... What does produce light cones ? Either car or rail lamps, for example, or devices to take photos.

The concept of "Light Cones" - regardless of what they are in game mechanics - is so much different than anything else I've ever encountered in gaming. So much different, in fact, that i couldn't understand that at all in the first place.

Nowadays I tend to think of these Light Cones to actually be photos -> memories. Memories as weapons. Quite a weird concept, isn't it ? And only accessible if you look at it from an spiritual angle.

In game mechanics, they indeed behave as weapons. so, people might not care about their name anyway.

But ... to come up with such a "label" in the first place ... This is something different ...

Back
Top Bottom