Wartales - Community Update #1

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The community update #1 of Wartales is out:

Community Update #1 Out Now!

Featuring community requests, new content, reworked features and more!

Attention, brave warriors of Wartales!

We're excited to unveil Community Update 1 (the first one since 1.0 release), a result of your invaluable feedback and requests. Community Updates are designed to enhance your gameplay experience and bring a selection of your desired changes, in line with our vision for the game, to life.

Prepare to customize your mercenaries with a stunning array of helmets, adding both style and protection to your adventures.
We've also prioritized accessibility and quality of life features, ensuring that every player can fully immerse themselves in the world of Wartales.
But that's not all! This update includes a host of minor content additions, carefully balanced gameplay adjustments, and crucial bug fixes.

Your input continues to shape Wartales, and we thank you for being an essential part of the game's development.

Protect your heads!

Helmets are making a grand entrance in Wartales!

There is now a distinct helmet by weight category for every faction, matching the existing armors and bringing defensive attributes. Moreover, each of these helmets can give its bearer a specific combat Skill. This means we have added close to 30 new skills to the game!

What if you'd like a companion to use the skill of a helmet that doesn't suit them? This is made possible thanks to a new customisation feature: Stamps. By dismantling a helmet with a master tinkerer, you can obtain a stamp bearing the helmet's skill. This item can then be applied (just like a layer) on any other helmet, replacing its skill with the one on the stamp. With this system, build possibilities are multiplied!

[...]
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

Seems like you finished too early. :sneaky:

restarting is okish but i'm discouraged by having to unlock all the special classes again, they should really make those unlocks permanent like it happens in roguelikes.

restarting is okish but i'm discouraged by having to unlock all the special classes again, they should really make those unlocks permanent like it happens in roguelikes.
I could make one of my fighters into a berserker. I can't remember if that's a special unlock.

Baldur's Gate 3 will have to be fantastic to beat out Wartales for my game of the year. I love this kind of game like Battle Brothers. Building up a mercenary group just hits all my gaming notes.

Baldur's Gate 3 will have to be fantastic to beat out Wartales for my game of the year. I love this kind of game like Battle Brothers. Building up a mercenary group just hits all my gaming notes.
I would highly recommend Dead Monarchy as well.

Under $10.00, and I've put Wartales on hold for now while I'm obsessed with this janky little thing.

Both are good but Dead Monarcy falls short in the graphic department for being generic looking. What's interesting is Battle Brothers spawned a new sub-genre.

I agree somewhat but let's be realistic BG3 will be GOTY or more likely Starfield.:biggrin:

I enjoyed everything about this game until I hit Act 3 and it started taking ages to level up, while all the gear I found was level locked, so I couldn't even equip it since it was too high level for my party. Since I wasn't up for artificially grinding dozens of encounters for no reason other than leveling up I lost interest.

I may revisit it next year to see if this has improved, as I think they mentioned they'd have a look at it, but due to these glaring issues, I couldn't even begin to think about this game being a candidate for any accolade.

I enjoyed everything about this game until I hit Act 3 and it started taking ages to level up, while all the gear I found was level locked, so I couldn't even equip it since it was too high level for my party. Since I wasn't up for artificially grinding dozens of encounters for no reason other than levelling up I lost interest.

I may revisit it next year if they fix these issues.
It does as Act three felt rushed and it probably was as the developer needed an influx of cash to continue development. The roadmap has more content incoming though.

So it should get fleshed out more in the following year. So I'll be replaying it.

Last edited:
It does as Act three felt rushed and it probably was as the developer needed an influx of cash to continue development. The roadmap has more content incoming though.

So it should ge fleshed out more in the following year. So I'll be replaying it.
Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to replaying it when they fix the balance and the leveling pace relative to the areas you visit. It's a good game for sure, just not properly balanced in a way that removes all enjoyment from me, but it's definitely fixable.

Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to replaying it when they fix the balance and the leveling pace relative to the areas you visit. It's a good game for sure, just not properly balanced in a way that removes all enjoyment from me, but it's definitely fixable.
The leveling was fixed in the patch just released.

I would highly recommend Dead Monarchy as well.

Under $10.00, and I've put Wartales on hold for now while I'm obsessed with this janky little thing.
I have played Dead Monarchy for around 30 hours. I really enjoyed it and the battles are great. I would like to see wondering parties on the overland map and a little more exploration. The items and leveling are also done well.

My next campaign in Wartales, my mercenary group, is going to march on Moscow.
Oh burn based on real events. Hopefully you succeed though.

If your interested play a few HOI 4 mods that center on Russian civil wars.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom