Betrayal at Krondor - 30th Anniversary Stream

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Betrayal at Krondor recently celebrated its 30th anniversary with a stream.

To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the release of Betrayal at Krondor, join the team, fans, and friends for an online celebration about this ground breaking role-playing game that was the winner of several best of the year awards in 1993, and was inducted into the Computer Gaming World Hall of Fame in 2001.
More information.

Definitely an all time favourite of mine, but sadly, somewhat dated gameplay.

I think the visuals are far worse than the gameplay. I'm surprised no one has attempted to remake it yet.
It runs at a native resolution of 320x200 which isn't really good enough for a 3d game! I'd love to see it remade with double the resolution (or more) and a few new textures. I think it is hard to find a game whos graphics have aged as badly as BaK's.

A pity the remaster the Neil started a few years ago never went anywhere (not that he was aiming to complete it).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LRioTpg3yQ

One of the few classics I never played. It came out right after I graduated from college and I was too busy trying to find a job. I loved the books and wished I had picked up BaK. Even back then, the graphics on the back of the box didn't impress me and I would always buy a different crpg.

I replayed this a few years back and, yeah, it's not held up well, visually. The story and combat, however, still work for me. Quite possibly still number one in my list of all-time greats.

I mostly enjoyed the game when it was first released but when I tried it again several years ago the gameplay and graphics were both too significantly dated for me to get any enjoyment out of it.

I could envision playing a remake but only if the gameplay was updated in addition to the graphics (and then it probably might as well be a different game).

Back
Top Bottom