MythForce - Release: Fall 2023

There's a demo on Steam now.

I just tried it, and it's pretty awful imo. Extremely simplistic game. Maybe it's better with friends, but as a solo experience it leaves much to be desired.

Beamdog should just stick to enhancing old crpgs.

Who knows but a counterpoint the game was already announced a year or maybe two years ago. If their hiring now or in the last few months, it might be a different game.

Still waiting for news on the KOTOR remake whose development is troubled.
I'll eat crow if they ever release an original decent RPG. As I got my hopes up years ago and they almost went bankrupt, and all the talent left for the supposed big RPG.

The blog update about smaller non-rpg online games being their focus didn't help either.
Also no I wont be eating crow as it's not an original RPG, just another small project.:kiss:

But that was in the 80s. How did you even find this? :D
Born in 1981 and watched it as a kid and when I was older.:biggrin:

There is an older game about a knight with the same graphic style as well.

I also watched that as a kid. I beg to differ though when it comes to originality. Just because it is influence by the show shouldn't exclude it from being a good rpg. But if the gameplay is as shallow as JRD says. . .
Yeah once again though it's not an RPG and that's straight from Beamdog when it was announced. The game is more of an adventure cartoon with RPG elements.

If you read the thread in the above post they failed at every chance to make an original RPG. After the loss of staff and income they settled on making this game.

I mean, it is quite obviously a He-Man spoof, no? It seems to me that's explicitly what they're going for.

I actually like the graphical style (it gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling of nostalgia) but I doubt I'll play this.

Back
Top Bottom