Broken Roads - June 2023 Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Drop Bear Bytes posted an update on Broken Roads:

Broken Roads June 2023 Update

Hello everyone - what a month June has been for Broken Roads! The demo is live, we had some incredible YouTube coverage, the demo received many patches and improvements, and of course... We got the cover of PC Gamer!

This is such an honour and the team are of course so proud of this achievement, and we're sending a huge thanks to everyone at Versus Evil, Plan of Attack and PC Gamer that helped bring this together. You can read more about the print issue on the PC Gamer website, as well as another piece - also written by Jody Macgregor, who did the magazine article - about the playable demo.

STEAM NEXT FEST DEMO UPDATE

The Broken Roads demo on Steam has been so well-received and we appreciate all the kind words, encouragement and constructive feedback we've heard from the players. There are some lively discussions happening on our official Discord, there was a great r/Perth thread on Reddit, and of course the many Twitch streamers and YouTubers playing the game and sharing their videos - thank you all! We absolutely love seeing the game enjoyed by you and your communities.

Here's our official Steam Next Fest demo trailer:

[...]
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

Anyone play the updated demo? I'm wondering if there were enough changes for it to be worth checking out if you played the first demo.

I don't play to many demos myself as it sometimes ruins games for me. Still I can't wait to play the full version whenever it gets released. Hopefully no more delays.:fingerscrossed:

I like demos for indie games, especially with young developers who make their first game. Without that, it's extremely hard to get any idea on how it will look, except by waiting until enough others have bought and played the game. And I'd rather not follow a long development just to find out it's a dud.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'd like to have them for games with a higher budget, too.

They usually include the beginning of the game, so it's fine. With Expeditions: Rome, it was even possible to continue the game with a saved game from the demo. I wouldn't like a demo that starts in the middle of the story, that would indeed ruin it.

Gave in tried the demo last night and loved it.:embarrassed:

There is a few Twitter updates in the last few days but Twitter is acting weird today.

Anyway can't wait for the full version.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom