Non-RPG General News - Blade Runner 2033: Labyrinth

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer presents a new Bladerunner game:

It took 25 years but we're finally getting a new Blade Runner game

Blade Runner 2033: Labyrinth is the first game to be developed in-house by Annapurna Interactive.

It's been quite a while since we had a Blade Runner game on PC--roughly 25 years, in fact, since Westwood Studio's 1997 action adventure Blade Runner arrived. Prior to that, there was only the Blade Runner side-scroller from 1985 for the Commodore 64.

Weird that there are a zillion Star Wars and Aliens games, but only two Blade Runner games, isn't it?

Well, we're finally going to get another Blade Runner game, as announced by publisher Annapurna Interactive today. It's called Blade Runner 2033: Labyrinth, and as you can tell by the date it's set between the events of the original film (which took place in 2019) and Blade Runner 2049. Interestingly, it'll be the first game to be developed in-house by Annapurna, too. You can check out the reveal trailer above.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Hmmm... what kind of game is it? I'm hoping for a dating sim or idler game. lol.

But seriously, hope they can do this IP justice.

Hmmm... what kind of game is it? I'm hoping for a dating sim or idler game. lol.

But seriously, hope they can do this IP justice.
The only tag on the Steam page is "Adventure" which doesn't make me very optimistic.

yeah, gamedec couldve been so much more. maybe this one being more cinematic will deliver as it has clear values

Video doesn't reveal the gameplay. I hope it's not just some perspective of other events as portrayed through some hacker screen. I want to explore the city on foot - and if necessary I'll take Vampire Masquerade sectional style for lack of a Cyberpunk 2077 size. Probably not this game but maybe some day it could happen.

Back
Top Bottom