Remnant 2 - Gameplay @ IGN

Visuals are a significant step up from the first game, and the gameplay looks at least as good if not better. I'll definitely be getting this, but probably not until the end of the year. Too many games to play until then.

The graphics are very well done. It's like a more gruesome Doom game. :)

I'm not sure how the game loop works if some of the classes are locked at the beginning. Are you supposed to replay the whole game many times, or can you continue with a new character when you die?

Good question both the original and sequel are setup more for co-op play with others. Playing them by yourself in SP is very challenging unless you cheat boss fights.

I'd label the game more along the line of a Co-Op Dark Souls.

The graphics are very well done. It's like a more gruesome Doom game. :)

I'm not sure how the game loop works if some of the classes are locked at the beginning. Are you supposed to replay the whole game many times, or can you continue with a new character when you die?
Not sure if it's the same as the first game, but choosing your class only determined your starting abilities and gear. You're not locked into certain traits or gear.

Good question both the original and sequel are setup more for co-op play with others. Playing them by yourself in SP is very challenging unless you cheat boss fights.

I'd label the game more along the line of a Co-Op Dark Souls.
Yes, they first present it as if it was made to play with a party, so I was first wondering if there were AI companions (though that didn't seem to be the style) but I saw it was coop. Another video showed some SP gameplay and the bosses didn't seem easy, to say the least.

Yes, they first present it as if it was made to play with a party, so I was first wondering if there were AI companions (though that didn't seem to be the style) but I saw it was coop. Another video showed some SP gameplay and the bosses didn't seem easy, to say the least.
No AI companions unfortunately. I can't speak for this one, but the first game is perfectly playable solo although it's obviously a little more difficult that way. I don't think the difference is that great though because the game does adjust enemy HP for more players.

The boss battles were very tough, there are a few threads on the watch were it was discussed before. I found each one to be bascisally a puzzle you had to solve.

Trial and error to got the correct method to defeat each boss. Again like Dark Souls.

Also, some characteristics of bosses are actually randomized which means they can vary in difficulty from one playthrough to the next For example, one might constantly regenerate HP where they didn't before, or you might encounter a different mini-boss in a certain area.

Back
Top Bottom