Mystic Land: Search for Maphaldo - News @ Indie Retro News

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Indie Retro News reports on an RPG inspired by Wizardry 7 and Eye of the Beholder called Mystic Land: Search for Maphaldo. You can check out some new screenshots from their Instagram page.

dungeon.jpg

mystic_sshot0.png

[...]

Also according to the team behind the game "Mystic Land is an open world retro RPG. A true spiritual successor of Wizardry 7, Eye Of The Beholder and Might and Magic. Old-school dungeon crawling, party creation and turn based movement/combat with a bit of "extra" added. For example : different forest areas don't look the same and aren't using the same graphics, so each area you explore will be unique and special. Furthermore the possibility to add animations to everything - walls, objects, floor, ambient... like the animation of a rat crawling all over the dead Shkra warrior in the dungeon. This opens up lots of possibilities".

And that's we have on the game so far, but for further information make sure to check out the website link, or the twitter page above, we can't wait!
More information.

The game was already in the database - I have added it to the newsbit.

UI is nice and clean. Art direction is Proper. Decent sound effects and okayish world-graphics. Very excellent door-opening animation!!

Who discovered this? :-ooOOoo Indie Retro News has two walking videos with no monsters. Still looks promising. I wonder how they do the combat compared to Wiz 7 and Grimoire?

The biggest news is that I can bookmark this game soon!

We successfully passed the Steam verification so you can expect Mystic Land: Search for Maphaldo Steam page in just a week or two.

Back
Top Bottom