Jagged Alliance 3 - Accolades Trailer and Demo

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Haemimont Games and THQ Nordic released a Jagged Alliance 3 demo that allows the player to explore Ernie Island, the starting region of the game:

Here's Jagged Alliance 3's Accolades Trailer - and the Demo!

Apparently, We didn't F*** It Up! Here's Jagged Alliance 3's Accolades Trailer - and the Demo!

Two weeks ago, Jagged Alliance 3 burst onto the gaming scene, captivating the hearts of thousands of players eager to embark on the mission to free Grand Chien. Haemimont Games and THQ Nordic are beaming with pride and relief as it seems we have struck the perfect chord. An impressive 86% of Steam-Reviews as of July 27th reflect the positive reception, and the game has garnered critical acclaim with an outstanding 81 on Metacritic.

We've been absolutely delighted to witness hundreds of content creators taking on the challenge of mastering the game and are overwhelmed by the positive feedback pouring in from players across various channels. We want to take a moment to express our sincere gratitude: Thank you to everyone who has already delved into the world of Jagged Alliance 3!

For those who haven't yet, we're excited to announce the availability of a free playable demo. This demo will allow players to explore Ernie Island, the starting region of the game.

[...]
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

And I say it's great to have a demo to try this out. I'm really intrigued!

Well let me know when it's patched more as bugged non linear side quests were a buzz kill. Till then I just finished Dead Island 2, and just started playing Remnant 2.

Well let me know when it's patched more as bugged non linear side quests were a buzz kill. Till then I just finished Dead Island 2, and just started playing Remnant 2.
Remnant 2,
Remnant 2, my heart cannot take that anymore.
i will stick to slow.

JA3 is the best game I have played so far this year. I guess I got lucky with side quests. The depth and size of the game is amazing. I believe it was sold too cheapily as I bought it for about 35 local currency which is about 25 USD. It is a 100 hour game if you do everything and there is plenty of replayability. The quests and exploration is where the game really shines. It has far more quests than JA2 and the maps are vastly better. It has maps that are very complex (both size and design) and simple maps i.e. most wilderness maps. The destructability of buildings/terrain is unmatched in any game I have played. There is a ton of C&C and the game often reacts to you killing key characters in the game i.e. in conversations and quest outcomes. Mercenaries are far better developed than they were in JA2 - with better banter and more complex relationships and a few even have quests associated with them. There is a ton of weapons - far more than the default option in JA2 but possibly less than Ton's of Guns mode but I haven't done a count.

I want them to add a proper LOS and fix bugs but the game is very playable now. What I want from a DLC is more mercs and more guns. I hope they are working on a sequel/expansion which is probably a certainty given JA3 is their most successful game ever. Hopefully they are not working on Tropico 7!!!!

Last edited:
"Who do I look like? Siegfried & Roy?"

I want them to add a proper LOS and fix bugs but the game is very playable now. What I want from a DLC is more mercs and more guns. I hope they are working on a sequel/expansion which is probably a certainty given JA3 is their most successful game ever. Hopefully they are not working on Tropico 7!!!!
They had apparently given some thoughts on DLCs, from what they discussed during their stream events. Since the game was well received, we should see something there in the future unless the sales are lower than expected.

The demo was a surprise; I thought they would first focus on fixing the bugs. Maybe they were afraid that it wouldn't sell enough? There aren't a lot of reviews on Steam.

After the success, it would be nice to see them making ports for other platforms. Mac or Linux to start with. Consoles perhaps too. Sounds like they have experience in making games for multiple platforms.

I would prefer Jagged Alliance 4 - PC only.
I am not sure this makes a whole lot of difference these days. Besides of a broken optimization many games have which are primarily made for consoles.

These days PC also includes controller support, gaming on 4k screens which are 3 meters away, and playing on tiny screens.
They also mentioned in the streams that they wanted to have it working on the steamdeck, and the current inventory is a result of that, and they are not yet happy about how scaling of it works.
So I'd expect some improvement of the inventory in one of the upcoming patches.

Releasing on multiple platforms is not away from other platforms (PC in this case). JA2 was ported to Linux and Mac. I would like a console release too because I happen to own one, but would not expect stellar support for controllers. Something similar to the Pillars of Eternity console ports would do just fine.

Last edited:
Is their engine ported on Mac and consoles?
Linux is a very small market, so I'd expect them to rely on Proton for both Steam Deck and Linux in general.

They also mentioned in the streams that they wanted to have it working on the steamdeck, and the current inventory is a result of that, and they are not yet happy about how scaling of it works.
So I'd expect some improvement of the inventory in one of the upcoming patches.
What's the problem with the current inventory?

Is their engine ported on Mac and consoles?
Linux is a very small market, so I'd expect them to rely on Proton for both Steam Deck and Linux in general.

What's the problem with the current inventory?
It's a bit tedious. With 6 characters you don't see everything at the same time. And when you start switching the characters it stars scrolling around. But not always. Like if you got the top character selected and then select the sixth character the inventory will need to scroll down. but if you got the second character selected and then select the first one, it will probbaly not scroll up as the first one is already on screen. While it makes sense in programming logic, it feels very off and unintuitive.

It's a bit tedious. With 6 characters you don't see everything at the same time. And when you start switching the characters it stars scrolling around. But not always. Like if you got the top character selected and then select the sixth character the inventory will need to scroll down. but if you got the second character selected and then select the first one, it will probbaly not scroll up as the first one is already on screen. While it makes sense in programming logic, it feels very off and unintuitive.
It's hard to avoid with a variable number of mercs and inventories of different sizes. If they had to scale that down to fit the worst case, it would be very small and probably unfit for some resolutions.

The squad supplies takes a lot of space now, though, and it's an aberration. Either they make it realistic and let each merc access an individual inventory, or they make a shared inventory for the player convenience. But they made a mix of both, with a shared sector stash and squad supplies, and individual inventories (which can be more or less shared depending on the distance). If they want to stick to that complicated system, they could at least make tabs to get more screen for the inventories. Or revert to what they had before (I think) and show the squad supplies as an n+1 inventory.

As a player, I'm ready to make a compromise on realism when it comes to inventory management; it's always such a pain to micro-manage that it's counter-productive.

As a player, I'm ready to make a compromise on realism when it comes to inventory management; it's always such a pain to micro-manage that it's counter-productive.
I don't like the current system either. It's not realistic that one could carry multiple weapons (>4) in a combat situation as the system is now. It would be better to have smaller inventories for each character and a larger squad inventory which would only be accessible outside combat.

I don't like the current system either. It's not realistic that one could carry multiple weapons (>4) in a combat situation as the system is now. It would be better to have smaller inventories for each character and a larger squad inventory which would only be accessible outside combat.
At least they made it somewhat realistic in that characters with more strength can carry more items.

It would be nice if the game had a van or bus or perhaps a boat you could buy for your squad that you could keep all your loot in. I'd be okay with smaller inventories if there was an easier way to move/centralise loot.

Back
Top Bottom