Non-RPG General News - About Star Wars Outlaws

I really hope this is as good as it sounds.

2024 is shaping up to be another strong year for gaming.

Sounds good in theory but what I want is an RPG open world game with character customization. Not gonna happen as Disney cares about maximizing profits.

So you see Ubisoft is the perfect fit to make the game..Assasain Creed Star Wars.

This is actually being developed by Massive Entertainment who made the Tom Clancy Division games. I'm sure it'll have some characteristics of Ubisoft games in general, but I'm not too worried about that.

I'm sure it'll be good given the production budget. As for it's developer I wish they were never bought by Ubisoft. As we would probably have more wargames.

World in Conflict and Ground Control were good games.

Instead of online Shooter RPGs and now this.:brood:

OMG the combat is sooOOoo amazingly Mass Effectey! Skip-watching this combat gameplay in 8 seconds I determined this is the game for me! AAahhh.. brings back massive Mass Effect 1-3 memories.
The only thing missing from this game is Captain Shepard shagging all the female cast!! :D

I thought the first gameplay video looked pretty awesome, and I've got high hopes for this as a big Star Wars fan. I was only 10 when Star Wars came out, and it played at a theatre at the end of my street, and I think is was something like 50 cents to get in, and I used to go see the movie every weekend, over the several months it played there.

The game looks good to me. I'm pretty certain I'll enjoy it to some degree, and how much will probably mostly depend upon the quality of its writing/storytelling.

About 10 seconds into this trailer, I realized something: I've become extraordinarily leery of anything having to do with Star Wars these days :( I would have been excited by this game's premise 5-10 years ago.

About 10 seconds into this trailer, I realized something: I've become extraordinarily leery of anything having to do with Star Wars these days :( I would have been excited by this game's premise 5-10 years ago.
I tend to look at games differently from movies and TV. If this was one of the latter, I'd agree, but I think there's hope here.

I've played games from this dev before, and I always wondered what they could do if they focused on a purely single-player experience.

Back
Top Bottom