Remnant 2 - Review

I haven't seen a single negative review yet. I'm really looking forward to playing this, but I doubt I'll get to it in 2023. Too many games, too little time.

I'm in the "wait for a decent discount" camp. I mostly want to play it in co-op with the friend that I played the first one with, and what with Starfield not far away and several good games on my "play soon" list, this'll have to wait even if I did buy it.

Well played it for a few hours now and honestly it's the same gameplay as the first game. Of course it's been improved by a bigger budget, but it's still the same.

I like some of the changes but others like classes and traits not so much.

I haven't seen a single negative review yet. I'm really looking forward to playing this, but I doubt I'll get to it in 2023. Too many games, too little time.
If those upcoming titles are good, we'll have a problem with the RPGWatch's GotY because nobody will have had the time to play them all. We'll have to delay. 😅

This game does look very good. I wonder if they'll adjust the difficulty for SP experience, because from what he says, some of the fights seemed pretty hard in coop.

Nah I vote for RPGs I never finish before and I'm sure others have as well. The problem is to many choices given the amount of games in the following months.

I can already imagine BG3, Starflied, and maybe Jagged Alliance 3 in the top five.

I'm in the "wait for a decent discount" camp. I mostly want to play it in co-op with the friend that I played the first one with, and what with Starfield not far away and several good games on my "play soon" list, this'll have to wait even if I did buy it.
I won't purchase it until I'm done with BG3 and Starfield, so I expect finding a discount won't be difficult by then.

Quality of work went into making this got my attention. I wanna play this. Looks like a masterpiece. Same how Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare made an impact in my gamedev studio, where we always played it in LAN multiplayer. The high level of workmanship was is astonishing. Developer Talent is what counts when making videogames.

Looking at gameplay videos it looks the same as the first one - as Couch indicated (which I finished). It still feels lifeless and all the background feels empty props for you to go from point A to point B, which is fun for few hours then becomes super repetitive (especially with procedural generation).

Looking at gameplay videos it looks the same as the first one - as Couch indicated (which I finished). It still feels lifeless and all the background feels empty props for you to go from point A to point B, which is fun for few hours then becomes super repetitive (especially with procedural generation).
Yep like I said above they had a bigger budget, but yes it's still more a dugueon crawl with even more unmarked side quests. Each new playthrough is even different as well.

Thanks to how each game location and quest is randomized with every new game you start. On the plus side they at least attempted to create a better storyline as well.

Back
Top Bottom