Lords of the Fallen - Gameplay @ IGN

Combat looks solid if a bit slow but it's only the first 13 minutes. I liked the recoil of the weapon off the shield and the wall, no clipping through. wonder if it will require switching to a thrusting weapon in tight corridors. I hope the puzzles with switching worlds are intuitive. Walking around for an hour not knowing where to go will definitely wear on me. Looked a little easy until the first boss which seemed to be no joke. I wonder if it's like the souls games where your pretty much insured to die the first time.

Another day 1 purchase, what a great gaming fall and winter it will be. Winters are usually a little slow with work. I usually lament and worry over it but I think this time I will just game and enjoy.

I like the slow pace and movement weight here, it suits me (hated the Nioh arcade, floating speeds and flashing colours). Also the atmosphere looks great and with the other dimension adding another dimension to the world and traversal. I hope it comes to GoG.

Surprised to see so simple water: wading hero leaves no UltraHQ ripples, no real-True3D splashes no Deep3D-Simulated water trails ;) in this day & age of Super Effects prioritized over shallow gameplay?! Man, this game looks good! I love the supreme Art Direction, the grim world look. The amazing equipment design and of course the combat. Enemies are so impressive. Bookmarked long time ago. I want this game so bad, since Severance: Blade of Darkness.

Back
Top Bottom