Rogue Trader - Main Theme

Good music gets you in the mood, and the video was uploaded a few days ago on YouTube. Hence why I sent it. They have been very quiet in the few months though.

I love the music, I have high hopes for this one.

It's excellent theme music, dark and majestic, and with a good beat to it, and I like near the end there is even hints of techno/electronic music going on. Atmospheric music can do a lot for the game, for example, who can forget the great and epic fantasy theme music to Elder Scrolls Oblivion, and Fallout 3 also had a good theme too. I think one of my all time favorites (not just the theme, but the whole soundtrack) was Icewind Dale. I remember how much I liked all the different musical pieces they had for that one, and there were at least two music pieces (again, not the main theme, but just isolated ones from the soundtrack) that I thought were awesome.

The theme is growing on me more and more. Especially, together with the opening screen and the majestic battleship floating by.

After 80 h of beta I can say this one will be very good.

I can't really tell the difference between the music posted a few month ago vs. few days ago - so its weird if its a repost of same one by Owlcats or worrying if they are different version since that means additional cost went into it for no huge gain (imo)

I don't suspect we will hear anything material for a while since beta won't receive new updates anymore. Not sure if they are still aiming for 2023 release but I doubt it since they still haven't even released DLC5 for WotR.

I switched the videos somehow - maybe Youtube automatically selected the next video already for me, before I copied the link into the newsbit.

Very cool. Really liked WotR soundtrack too. Seems Owlcat has this part covered well.

Back
Top Bottom