Skyrim - Skyblivion Gameplay

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Couchpotato spotted a showcase for Skyblivion:

Oblivion Remastered Official Quest Gameplay Showcase (Skyblivion Mod-Con 2023)

Oblivion Remade in the Skyrim engine. Remaking Oblivion in the Skyrim engine is what we set out to do when we started the Skyblivion project. Ahead of our 2025 release goal, For this year's Creation Mod Con, we put together a gameplay showcase completing one of Oblivion's most iconic side quests, Mazoga the orc. We hope with your support to finish the final steps in completing our dream, maybe even beating our own estimation.
More information.

Why not just make a new oblivion redesigned mod for oblivion instead of porting the game to Skyrim?

Why not just make a new oblivion redesigned mod for oblivion instead of porting the game to Skyrim?
New engine and better textures. Oblivion still uses the old gamebryo engine.

Sure but as usual different teams and visions. Both doing the same thing.

It is going to be a long wait for both of those mods.

Oh joy. In 2025 we can play a game from 2006 remade with an engine from 2011. ;)
Funny is that you didnt write it all. "In 2025 we can play a game from 2006 remade either with an engine from 2011 OR with engine from 2006 enhanced with engine from 2022" :)

Because there is official remake too and it uses both old engine and new UE5 for graphics. So I wonder where this is going. It could be troublesome for Bethesda if ppl would play fan remake for free and wont bother with their official remake.

Because there is official remake too and it uses both old engine and new UE5 for graphics. So I wonder where this is going. It could be troublesome for Bethesda if ppl would play fan remake for free and wont bother with their official remake.
Afaik, the official remake is just a rumor and hasn't been confirmed yet. Personally, I'll be very surprised if it turns out to be true.

New engine and better textures. Oblivion still uses the old gamebryo engine.
I guess your right I would just prefer to have a more comprehemsive upgrade mod for the original rather than having to download multitudes of different mods to get it looking beautiful again.

I will still give this a go when it is released, and wish the modders all the best.

Afaik, the official remake is just a rumor and hasn't been confirmed yet. Personally, I'll be very surprised if it turns out to be true.
Really? There have been a lot of news about it and I think I saw some confirmation too. But maybe it was just some eager journalist. We will see.

Really? There have been a lot of news about it and I think I saw some confirmation too. But maybe it was just some eager journalist. We will see.
He's correct it's just a rumor from a gaming insider/former worker at this point in time, and Bethesda keeps that type of news close-lipped till they are ready to announce.

Last edited:
There were similar rumors about Fallout 3 a few years ago that had some of us believing it was getting a remaster/remake. Tbh, I'd rather have seen that than an Oblivion remaster/remake.

Back
Top Bottom