Non-RPG General News - Master of Magic: Rise of the Soultrapped is out now

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Couchpotato spotted that the expansion Master of Magic: Rise of the Soultrapped has been released:

Master of Magic: Rise of the Soultrapped || Trailer

Rise of the Soultrapped invites both veterans and newcomers to immerse themselves in a universe rich with magic, strategy, and untold secrets.

Prepare for an enthralling world where arcane forces and mystical beings collide and unlock the full potential of Techmagic, command powerful heroes, and conquer the realms of Arcanus and Myrror.

More information.

Completely forgot about the game till I found this announcement. I wanted to enjoy it but I quickly got bored playing. Good thing they are adding more content.

The Master of Magic remake was actually the first Steam game I refunded. I guess once all the bugs and AI/diplomacy are fixed, I may give it another look. Age of Wonders 4 I refunded too (I may revisit that one too once all the DLC is done, is fully patched, and is on sale). I really need to knock it off with these impulse buys, but at least those two I reversed. I guess I'm starved for a fantasy 4X, but its been a long time since something has come along that's interested me.

I hear ya I'm the same way with certain 4x games and Age of Wonders 4 was another huge letdown with all the various changes from past games. Well lesson learned.

Last edited:
Count me in the same boat on MoM. My expectations weren't that high, but after a couple play-thrus I just wasn't inclined to play again, as I was pretty bored with it.

As to AoW4, I'm holding off purchasing that for a while. I jumped on Planetfall as soon as it came out and was pretty underwhelmed with that game at launch. AoW: Shadow Magic still holds up better than many of the more recent entries imo.

The Master of Magic remake was actually the first Steam game I refunded. I guess once all the bugs and AI/diplomacy are fixed, I may give it another look. Age of Wonders 4 I refunded too (I may revisit that one too once all the DLC is done, is fully patched, and is on sale). I really need to knock it off with these impulse buys, but at least those two I reversed. I guess I'm starved for a fantasy 4X, but its been a long time since something has come along that's interested me.
Spellforce conquest of Eo scratched that itch well for me - I'd highly recommend it if you haven't played it.

Been on the fence about AOW4, never quite got into the earlier ones but this one sounded a bit better.

MOM remake is exactly the old game (at least as far as I remember) with exactly the same units and gameplay but prettier. I was a bit disappointed, I'd hoped for some extra races / units / spells / heroes / encounters etc. Hopefully it's a workable modern base game for further DLC

Back
Top Bottom