Dark Messiah - RTX Toolkit Release with Ubisoft Blessing

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Moddb Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is getting RTX through the magic of modding and with the full support of Ubisoft.

It's been a while but we're back and certainly not empty handed. RTX toolkit release, Ubisoft's full blessing, and a rally to join the team? Oh my!

Posted by KingDavidW on Aug 24th, 2023

Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I've written an update but rest assured we haven't been sitting around doing nothing. We had our 4 year anniversary of working on the mod a few months back, but we didn't really get to celebrate it. Since it's our birthday and we can party when we want to, why not release an RTX toolkit? On top of that, let's and while we are late to celebrate it, we want to do so by releasing a little toolkit for people to remaster Dark Messiah with RTX! Scroll through and let's shine a light on it!

Ubisoft News

Let's kick it off with one of the biggest things to happen, even though at this point it's not really NEW because I've been mentioning it in the discord. In the last article I said that Ubisoft has given us legal approval pending some guidelines about what we can release and how to deliver it. Well, as of May, we have been given a completely blank check to do whatever we see fit with this mod and the development of the SDK! To quote Ubisoft, they "don't want to impose any sort of restrictions so that the community can really appreciate the full value of the work that's being put in here."

This is really big news! We have been extremely cautious and worried about how much we'd be able to release and what we can make open source, but thanks to our approach and the support of this incredible community, we have their faith. I really want to emphasize that second part, because I always say we wouldn't have a leg to stand on if it wasn't for the love of this community, and together we can really do anything.

[...]

[...]
More information.

Replayed it about a year or so ago. I agree it's still very playable. Great atmosphere. Not sure how much RTX really adds to it though.

The light sources looked better to me, but otherwise it looked rather similar - though those graphic errors might be turning into something nice once it's done. But hey, why not?

I just finished playing the game recently. It's fun, but... kinda janky.
View: https://youtu.be/bNsASFDWwgU?si=pFebpb6kIhM14KAo

I own this game but for the life of me I cannot find it in any of my game collections... Not in my steam, not in my ubi, my origin, my epic, my gog, my nothing... Makes me wonder if I had bought this as a physical disk copy way back when it was originally released; in which case its gone, because all of my physical game collection is long since gone...

I own this game but for the life of me I cannot find it in any of my game collections... Not in my steam, not in my ubi, my origin, my epic, my gog, my nothing... Makes me wonder if I had bought this as a physical disk copy way back when it was originally released; in which case its gone, because all of my physical game collection is long since gone...
The physical version was actually 2 games, it worked from the CD, securom drm, and it also included an steam key printed in the manual, that is the one I moved to steam (in 2013, 7 years later :rolleyes: ) So, sorry for your loss.

Cool news! I might have to replay it; as others have said, it was a great game. I actually wish there were more first-person, fantasy aRPGs being made.

Back
Top Bottom