VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Release: Fall 2024

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 will be released next year:

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 - Official 2023 Announcement Trailer

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 is an action RPG now being developed by The Chinese Room, a Sumo Digital Studio. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 takes players to the dark underbelly of Seattle where vampires fight for survival and supremacy. Players will encounter intriguing characters, engage in intense combat, and balance the need for blood as an Elder vampire while keeping their true nature a secret from society. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 is set for a gameplay reveal in January 2024 and a full release in Fall 2024 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S|X, and PC.
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 - Official The Chinese Room Behind The Scenes Video

Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

This video sort of confirms that Paradox was not happy with the initial story as they brought in a studio to finish it up which is well known for their storytelling adventure games. They probably ended up rewriting a lot of the story.

This video sort of confirms that Paradox was not happy with the initial story as they brought in a studio to finish it up which is well known for their storytelling adventure games. They probably ended up rewriting a lot of the story.
They did the original had you bitten turned into a youngling struggling in the city. Now it looks like your an elder awakened and weakened. That's all I got from the trailer though.

Yeah the trailer looks like its more there to say "Hey, we know things went wrong with this game. Look at the experienced team we brought in to repair it!" Rather than to show much actual content. One of the guys speaking in the video is a Vampire rpg gamemaster/player podcaster. I know because I've listened to some of his podcasts. So that's seems to try to ensure the tabletop community that things are on track.

It took me a while to work out what this TCR was they kept referring to. I'm glad the game has a release date, hopefully we can see a bit more on dialogue and quest structure soon.

Yeah the leaks are not always accurate but the artcle with the leak did say something would be announced at Pax West in September and behold it was. So 50/50 at best.^^

It looks and sounds good, but this game has no goodwill from me anymore. So this time around it is waiting for reviews first.

It looks and sounds good, but this game has no goodwill from me anymore. So this time around it is waiting for reviews first.
I'm sceptical, too. It is sad that noone was able to make a decent RPG out of this fantastic game universe in many years.

Totally agree, it's a rich universe that's been left completely stagnant for far too long. I'm keeping my expectations in check yet hoping they pull out a huge victory here.

It's been rumoured for a while that they had it, can't remember where I read it. I told a bigger WoD fan than I, and they seemed pretty happy about it, but, we are from Brighton, so maybe a little local favouritism there.

Most of the work was done by Hardsuit Labs. I don't know how far they completed the game, but all the assets should have been available for the new developer.

Anyway I can't be optimistic as this developer is mostly known for adventure games.

Last edited:
Most of the work was done by Hardsuit Labs. I don't know how far they completed the game, but all the assets should have been available for the new developer.

Anyway I can't be optimistic as this developer is mostly known for adventure games.
There was in engine gameplay footage, including combat, so a good amount of work was already finished.

As opposed to Hardsuit Labs and their impeccable RPG portfolio :p

But I agree moderating expectations is the best approach, at least until we see more of the game.

I wasn't to optimistic with Hardsuit either, especially when they fired key staff. Guess they can't mess up the game to much. Meh we'll see but I'm not pre-ordering again.

Back
Top Bottom