Cyberpunk 2077 - Phantom Liberty - Full Ray Tracing

Well, I still have my 1080TI. But I don't think it will help me here...

Last edited:
my RTX3070 is not quite up to the task - I am happy with 'fake' reflections etc. Maybe on my next upgrade ray tracing will be so main stream that even mid-tier GPUs have really good/fast implementations... I do only game at 1080p though, so maybe it wouldn't be that bad...Although Hogwarts Legacy was not great with RT on (at least in Hogwarts itself). I'm morre intertested to see the changes and tro try a new play through - played as hacker last time (frying people's brains etc ;) so may go more martial this time. But too busy with work right now :/

I've not been convinced by any RT implementation in any game that it's worth the fps drop. Plus the fact that any RT that is generally used can only decently work along with AI upscaling tech like DLSS or FSR.
It still can't do it in with full rendering of the frame and at at good frame rate. So even the rendered frame, while it has improved lighting, it only has an aproximated render of the final frame vs how it would look if they actually computed it in full.
I've seen some nice touches to lighting, but I'm not yet convinced to drop that amount of fluidity and overload my card that hard for a little lighting difference.

OOooo... nice shinies.

I imagine that even if I wasn't currently team red I wouldn't be able to justify the hardware required to run that smoothly.
Even something modest like a 3070 or 4070 is well over $1000 NZD over here. (> $600 USD). And anything with decent grunt is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom