04:00 Space Wreck
05:12 Endless Dungeon
06:42 Cyber Knights
07:57 Wizard With A Gun
08:59 Dark Envoy
09:57 Wrap Up
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

No he just happens to cover every RPG we are interested on the site.

I also submit plenty of Ferxralife and TBLovers videos as well.^^

I think only Dark Envoy will be in my computer at some point from that list, but some of the games do look interesting. Probably not interesting enough to me, in any case.

PS: I'll definitely get Colony Ship and Lamplighters League too, from the "honorable mentions" section.

Wandering Sword is great, and the devs are constantly updating and adding QoL features.

He covers a lot, at the detriment of quality IMO.
I've often thought about making a Youtube series about RPGs I like.

The problem is that most RPGs I play would require extremely long videos.

Full let's play's with commentary would take many, many hours, and people would filter out by the fifth video no matter what until by the last vid there's just 20 or 30 left. I'd find that very demoralising, not to mention sucking a lot of fun out of playing them, always being pressured to think what other's would like to watch as you hack about or spend 30 minutes rearranging your inventory.

Reviews would be possible, but then these would be multiple hour endeavours as well, if I was to cover everything I wanted to cover. Then there's the problem of recording the entire game just to get the right clips to fit the narrative of the review, and that would be a monumental editing feat.

I'd probably be spending so long editing I'd never get a chance to play any games in my rare spare time, making the gap between videos so large that I'd never get on the Youtube algorithm for long nor generate enough content to actually make it financially worth it.

I could do quick funny vids that are half memes and half review, like a lot of popular Youtubers, but is the audience for Blackguards really the same audience that likes memes? And that's before you have to worry about whether anyone even gets any of your memes, whether they're so outdated they're dead or so new they're ungetable for the majority.

I must admit, I stopped watching Mortismal ages ago. Nice guy and he plays the good stuff, so I've no interest in raging about his opinions, but his content is borderline mediocre to the point of nausea for me. But then that's what you have to be like to churn that crap out enough to make a living out of it.

Back
Top Bottom