Geneforge 2 - Infestation - New Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Geneforge 2 - Infestation has a new trailer. The game is expected in Q1 2024.

Geneforge 2 - Infestation is a wildly open-ended fantasy adventure in a unique fantasy world. Use battle or diplomacy and trickery to change the world, served by an army of custom-made mutant monsters. Almost 90 zones to explore and 50+ hours of gameplay. Enormous range of abilities, factions, quests, and paths to victory.
More information.

Jeff Vogel's latest rehash - Because his fans are still willing to pay for the same games multiple times.
nonetheless this one seems worth it, for me at least. been a while, so a replay is in order.

I can't imagine wanting to play this. I made the mistake of playing the first remaster and the game was tedious and I actually regret finishing it. All the games basically have the same items, same summons, same enemies and the same graphics. When I looked at the screenshots of this I wasn't even sure if I was looking at Geneforge 2 as it looks exactly the same as the first one - even the location designs.

I dont even have problems of the game looking the same as the first one. And I got to disagree with @JDR13 as well though. Because these games differ in terms of game mechanics from the originals.
In some cases its worse though. In the rehashes you have no incentive to keep your monsters alive.

So the core gameplay loop in Geneforge is:
Make an army of glascannon monsters
Start Fight, Win fight, lose 1-2 of your monsters
If the next fight is super easy, then do it, otherwise:
Return to city, get your juice back, resummon your army of glascannon monsters

So essentially you have to travel back to town after each fight. And thats just super tedious.
I am not sure if that mechanic is being changed with the second game...
But to me this mechanic made Geneforge 1 Remaster the worst game by Spiderweb yet. I am generally a fan of his games and writing though.

Could change the name to "Genderforge" and embrace the times - and the poopstorm of lively related "discussion" as marketing.

I only say this because even though I've heard of this game many times that's what my brain saw just now.

There's way too much peripheral nonsense going on in game discussions these days. :(

PS - I own a couple SpiderWeb games and enjoy them but not enough for others to crack my current out of control backlog/wishlist.

Could change the name to "Genderforge" and embrace the times - and the poopstorm of lively related "discussion" as marketing.

I only say this because even though I've heard of this game many times that's what my brain saw just now.

There's way too much peripheral nonsense going on in game discussions these days. :(

PS - I own a couple SpiderWeb games and enjoy them but not enough for others to crack my current out of control backlog/wishlist.
I can offer:
Supposedly a terrible game though :D

30 seconds of this I could watch. I liked Geneforge-1 years ago. That trader dragon. How I could FCK over factions and kill them. Then came a remaster, which is still unplayed. I only updated its Main UI skin to my liking and shared it on their forums. :D The original UI coloring was horrible. :)

Well. Could Jeff at least make an attempt to upgrade those Same Old friggin Graphics Assets. Because it feels, he is advertising the same product again and again and again.. Like Piranha Bytes. But at least they upgrade the graphics and deliver the exact same game / design every time: Gothic 1-2-3-4-8-100, Risen 1-2-3 (two of which was actually even fun), then their latest techno-attempt in that new-slow engine.. :D

Well at least with Jeff and his amazing 2D engine we will always have LIGHTNING SPEED and the absolute Lack of LAG™©℗® (sigh)

Back
Top Bottom