6:35 - Zones, Areas and Locations
7:02 - Vestiges and Umbral Flowerbed
8:17 - Boss Fights
9:06 - NPCs and Skyrest Bridge
9:51 - Enemies
10:14 - Performance and Bugs
12:09 - Final Thoughts
More information.

I liked the original but it became way too easy once you leveled up your abilities, even some of the boss fights. There was even one boss that I defeated with just a few hits while using my abilities.

This is a Day-1 binge for me. I even skipped Lies of Pi on purpose just to crank up my Souls-like thirst meter to eleven, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Yeah, Fextralife was already excited about it. ;)

Right on cue: HEXWORKS posted a dev journal with a detailed overview (if that makes any sense) of the game, and another 'Q&A' - not really answering the questions that were asked, but there you are.

FightinCowboy, another souls streamer I regularly follow, also seems pretty impressed with it.

To me the combat seems a bit wonky, but I’ll have to play it. If they nail the level design and exploration, what fextralife was applauding, I’m sold. I mean I already pre-ordered it. But I probably won’t get to it very soon.

I still have to decide if I’m gonna continue my Witcher playthroughs. At the very least I’ll jump off for Alan Wake 2 in 3 weeks.

Lords of the Fallen redux only came on my radar fairly recently, but I find myself excited about it now. I'm a huge Souls fan, as some here may remember, but I play very few of the Souls-likes that come out. Most of them seem like pale imitations of the Fromsoft standard, but this one gives me the vibe of a game that might capture that magic. FightinCowboy liking it does seem like a good sign too.

I’ve been excited about this one for a while, hopefully I’ll have lies of P wrapped up by release. It’s nice to see some souls fans around here when I first started playing them and posting about DS1 it was crickets.

As far as fighting cowboy liking it. Has he played a souls or souls like and not liked it? I only watch him sporadically but I haven’t really heard him be overly negative about any.

I think it looks a lot better than the original LotF. That said, it's still very derivative of FromSoft's games, and some of the enemies almost look completely ripped off.

I'll wait to see what other Watchers say about it, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom