The Lamplighters League - Review @ Mortismal Gaming

It sounds more and more like a game I'd like to play, but his report of crashing bugs and performance issues gives me pause. I'll just wait a while and see if it gets better.

It sounds more and more like a game I'd like to play, but his report of crashing bugs and performance issues gives me pause. I'll just wait a while and see if it gets better.
Yeah, the character behind a paywall likely won't be an issue next winter.

I've played about 25 hours of this game and I haven't had a single crash or bug. I play it on GamePass for "free" too. It's a game I would have paid for, and I'm probably going to, just to support the developer, because games of this quality are rare, and I think it deserves it.

Once you play the game you'll notice that you won't miss the extra character at all if you choose not to pay for it, characters don't even have personal quests or anything that would cause you to miss out on any content. You can get about 10 different ones as it is. You can only take 3 of them per mission, so most of them just "sit out" or do "scouting missions" that don't require you to play them, and the number of characters will never limit you on what you can do or not.

I've downloaded it but have yet to play it. GamePass is a good way to see if you like the game. Only downside is you lose access if you don't resub or it's taken off.

It seems a more fleshed out that the demo suggested, but it confirms that's not a game for me.

What he says with performances echoes my experience with the simple level of the demo. I wonder what engine they're using, is that something from Paradox?

I will play this, but one year from now, when the 'definitive-ultra-final' edition will be done ;)

I've played about 25 hours of this game and I haven't had a single crash or bug. I play it on GamePass for "free" too. It's a game I would have paid for, and I'm probably going to, just to support the developer, because games of this quality are rare, and I think it deserves it.

Once you play the game you'll notice that you won't miss the extra character at all if you choose not to pay for it, characters don't even have personal quests or anything that would cause you to miss out on any content. You can get about 10 different ones as it is. You can only take 3 of them per mission, so most of them just "sit out" or do "scouting missions" that don't require you to play them, and the number of characters will never limit you on what you can do or not.
I will probably play this and Starfield on Gamepass at some point. I figure Microsoft is funding these studios and they monitor who plays what on Gamepass, so I no long feel the need to buy any games from Studios they own.

I've played about 25 hours of this game and I haven't had a single crash or bug. I play it on GamePass for "free" too.
LOL I didn't know it was on game pass. Gonna install it then.

LOL I didn't know it was on game pass. Gonna install it then.
Most Paradox games will be on GamePass from now on as they made a deal with Microsoft. I believe Microsoft wanted them to be exclusive but that deal failed.

Most Paradox games will be on GamePass from now on as they made a deal with Microsoft. I believe Microsoft wanted them to be exclusive but that deal failed.
I see. That could be a problem with games with a ton of expansions such as Stellaris, which I have to catch up to 4 DLCs before my next playthrough.

Paradox has confirmed the game sale-wise was a disappointment.

They chose a poor release window, so that's on them. Additionally, I feel they had very poor marketing, and being on GamePass surely doesn't help with sales. Also selling a day 1 DLC that is the additional playable character sure stings a lot of people in a way that makes them not want to play the game, even if just to make a statement, and I can only agree with that sentiment.

The game is pretty decent, honestly. it took me about 50 hours to beat it and everything was pretty good quality. It has a 75 Metacritic score, which is not great, but definitely not bad either considering all of the above. Too bad for them, I suppose.

Nothing new as any game that's not one of their grand strategy games is always declared a flop. It was the same with Tyranny, but they do have a couple of published sale hits.

Back
Top Bottom