Fallout London - 3rd Quarter 2023 Progress Video

I hope they are correct, but 2023 is almost over.... are they going to release within the next couple of months? I doubt it. Hopefully I am wrong....

They always planned for 2023 but delayed it because of all the recent games released according to the last video. Fall 2023 was mentioned which is over in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Really zero reason to rush it, not like it needs to hit right at the holiday shopping season.

Mods and indies are all I've got these days.

London is a big city. I wonder where the food is coming from to feed all those denizens?

Same way with how people have survived in most major cities. Barely.

The lore of the game helps explain how and we can thank Fallout 76.

Nope Fallout Miami is developing slowly and Fallout Cascadia hasn't been updated in almost two years. Sim Settlements 2 was finished, but that's about it.

Seems most never get complete or the modders just give up.

Seems most never get complete or the modders just give up.
That is something that I've noted repeatedly, over the years, with most large game updates... the people who take them on are often experienced modders for the given game, but they seem to greatly underestimate how much work it takes to develop and debug a huge, consistent, complete new addition to an existing game... so they'll plug along until they get to 80% or so, then get bogged down and eventually just run out of energy...

...so they'll plug along until they get to 80% or so, then get bogged down and eventually just run out of energy...
In coding, there was a wink with some truth behind, it take 10% of time to make 90% of the project, and 90% time for the final 10%.

The 90% time is coding stuff working approximately, it's very fast to achieve that. But to make something working really properly it's a lot slower.

That could be less right for some aspects other than coding, but still more or less right for many aspects including have coherent quests and any part of the world working properly, 3D and characters movement not bugging here or there, enemies not being stuck and behaving properly no mater the context, all writing coherent, more.

The wink was forgotten because avoided with other better practices to make projects, but it's not practices applied well on video game.

In coding, there was a wink with some truth behind, it take 10% of time to make 90% of the project, and 90% time for the final 10%.

The 90% time is coding stuff working approximately, it's very fast to achieve that. But to make something working really properly it's a lot slower.
[...]
Yeah, one of the *big* traps that developers have to deal with, especially in open-world games, is hardening all of their quests against people hitting places out of sequence... we just roam around, exploring the world, then we hit a spot where a quest expected the player to have a certain skill, or a certain item, or maybe know about some situational quirk... it's fine if you just can't proceed any further, but what if they have a spell that unlocks or bypasses an obstacle, or they decide to just pound away on a rock with a mace for an hour or so, or any of a million other un-anticipated alternatives... or they had jumped down into some spot where the only exit was by proceeding with the quest... oops!!

I've often been amazed, when reading bug-fix lists, at all the unexpected situations that the devs suddenly have to deal with!! Huzzah for us players!!

Back
Top Bottom