Space Wreck - Review @ Gameffine

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gameffine reviewed the sci-fi RPG Space Wreck:

Space Wreck Review: Not Just a Nostalgic Trip

Nostalgia and CRPGs go hand in hand. In the last ten years, folks who've been yearning for 90's style Computer Role Playing Games have been blessed with such gems as Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland, Pathfinder, Atom RPG, Colony Ship, Age of Decadence, Underrail, Disco Elysium, and more. All of these games are built on the foundations set by genre classics like Baldur's Gate, Fallout, and Planescape: Torment, and for good reason. It doesn't seem like the influx of retro RPGs will stop anytime soon and that's completely fine by me. Pahris Entertainment's Space Wreck is the newest kid on the retro CRPG block and is fresh off the boat from Steam Early Access. It aims to capture the magic that made its spiritual predecessor Fallout a fan favorite while delivering a unique role-playing experience in its own way. I've spent the last few weeks in Space Wreck making bad decisions, failing quests, exploiting its systems, breaking the game, making more bad decisions, and figuring out how to dispose of my poo-poo in its decrepit zero-G environments. People of the internet, I present to you, Space Wreck- a post-earth Role Playing Game.

Lost in Space
Merely seconds into the intro, Space Wreck dev's love for Fallout becomes evident. It takes place in a 22nd-century post-apocalyptic setting where corporations and asteroid miners are fighting a war. The unlikely hero of the story is a newly appointed captain who had the misfortune of piloting a spaceship targetted by asteroid pirates. Your string of bad luck doesn't end there. The fuel chip of your ship gets damaged. In classic Vault 13 fashion, your character draws the short straw and is sent into a nearby space wreck to scavenge for both fuel and a new fuel ship. Thus begins your journey into Space Wreck. Now, where have I seen all of this before?

[...]

Space Wreck is a post-apocalyptic retro RPG in space with an extreme focus on role-playing developed and published by Pahris Entertainment. The game exits Steam Early Access on

The Good
+ Plenty of role-playing options
+ Multiple ways to approach a given situation
+ Highly replayable

The Bad
- Localization is not the best
- Lacking QoL features
- Some bugs still present

Score: 85/100
More information.

Back
Top Bottom