HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Couchpotato spotted DevLog 73 about patch 1.2.0.0 and the Heavy Duty DLC:

Dev Log 73: Version 1.2.0.0 and the Incoming DLC

Hi guys,

In preparation of the coming release of Heavy Duty DLC (which you can wishlist now on Steam or GOG) we are pushing version 1.2.0.0 out on the main branch today. You can find the list of changes down below.

In one of the dev logs back in 2022, I hinted at a possiblity of us releasing a small DLC that would contain some important mechanics that we originally planned for a bigger DLC that would follow after Expedition. These mechanics were the new weapon types. As I said then, instead of making this large DLC we decided to move on to Infusion and basically rework the entire engine.

However, we didn't want to just leave those out permanently. While I was busy working on the new engine, along with the 3D artists, I decide to have the level/quest designers, who could not do any substantial work in the new engine yet anyway, work on a short, but unique, side-mission that we could then package with the weapons as a smaller DLC.

That way we could freshen up the game without disrupting the work on Infusion significantly. Granted, it did take some of my development time to code the new weapons (because at that point we only had the spritesheet renders) as well as some of the artists' time when creating the new tilesets. However, the majority of the work was done by the two level designers that had time to spare anyway.

So I hope you all enjoy the new weapons, I found them very fun during testing, as well as the new adventure. I can now confidently say that this is probably maybe the last big content update to the game until we're finished with Infusion. Of course, there's still the question of improved Steam Deck support and localization tools. Also it wouldn't hurt to add a couple more unique weapons, spears in particular...

Anyway, here is the list of changes in this patch. It does not include the DLC stuff that's coming later.

[...]
More information.

I loved this game beyond measure when it was released. It might be too late for me to get back into it for a DLC, but I hope it'll sell well.

Styx certainly takes care of his players! But from a business perspective, I wonder if he's still making money tweaking and releasing DLC for a 2015 game...

Shows his passion for the project, his baby. In the past, developers would have been restricted from further work/patches on a title by their publishers. Crowdfunding has truly helped out Indie developers.

Work on a sequel is still underway nevertheless ;)

Excellent support from the developer! Underrail has good writing and loot/steal mechanic I liked. However it has probably one of the worst combat solution ever. I expect Infusion to have a combat comparable to XCOM:EW?

Back
Top Bottom