Dead Island 2 - Haus Expansion launches November 2

You know this game actually surprised me as it was delayed for many years, and I expected it to be terrible. Instead I enjoyed every minute playing it earlier this year.

Sure it's not as open world as the original games, but it has a decent soundtrack. One of the main negatives was once again the same terrible ending like the originals.

The gore system makes killing zombies more realistic as well.

Last edited:
They need to get this on Steam. I'm not as anti-EGS as some, but the exclusivity thing was enough to make me pass on it for now.

Almost forgot it was an Epic exclusive. I remember reading that most newer games published from Embracer are going to go that route due to better revenue sharing.

So who knows when any of those games will release on Steam.

It could be six months, a year, or even more.

It will be at least a year I'm sure. I expect it'll hit Steam in April 2024 unless they have a longer than usual exclusivity deal.

I'm pretty sure I bought the uber version of Dead Island 2, so I'll be def playing this soon after release.
Hopefully it expands on the story of the core game, as that was getting fairly interesting, and then it just... stops. All that extra development time certainly wasn't spent on story content or maps - but then again it was a rock-solid, pretty bug-free release, unlike the originals. And as Couch refers to, the zombie dismemberment etc was stellar.

Epic exclusive, also known as "how to make sure your game won't sell well".

Oh well, hopefully, Epic's money will compensate the developer economically while the game flies under the radar for most people.

"Haus" means "house" in German language.

Epic exclusive, also known as "how to make sure your game won't sell well".

Oh well, hopefully, Epic's money will compensate the developer economically while the game flies under the radar for most people.
It's one of Embracer's most successfully sold games, so yeah that theory is wrong. Of course not releasing on Steam for a year has a sale impact, but I can't blame them.

You make more money and get a bonus for going exclusive.
Dead Island 2 sold 1 million units in 3 days after launch.

By May 2023, the game had sold over 2 million units.
Sure not BG3 or Starfield level but for a budget game this size not bad.

That's not too bad, but now I feel even worse for them. If it was a flop, at least they got the Epic exclusive money, but being a well-received game they would have sold infinitely more if they weren't exclusive.

Hopefully, people will still want to play it when the exclusivity period is lifted.

That depends if you only want to play new games or not, but that's the sort of things I'd do. I don't like having many launchers, and I don't mind waiting if it means getting a better experience. So I'd buy the game on Steam.

Back
Top Bottom