Fallout 3 - Music Interview @ RPG Vault

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Jonric at RPG Vault has an interview with Fallout 3 composer, Inon Zur:
Jonric: What were the major considerations that factored into your being selected to create the score for Fallout 3?

Inon Zur:
I think it was the combination of music styles that I have created, especially the ambient music, which is almost like sound design, but is also mixed with orchestral elements. They thought it would really capture the attention of the fans because they were looking to give the score a different angle from the music that was in the previous Fallout games. And this is why they went for my style - because I could give them the ambience and the weird decadence plus an almost low-fi sound, but also bring up some more dramatic, orchestral elements with it when needed.
More information.

I can hear the Bethesda people asking themselves that great question: Jeremy Soule, or Inon Zur? Heh. I hope Zur was able to come up with some good Fallout-style ambience, but I'll be interested to hear the "omg epic" stuff as well. I'm always on the lookout for another game soundtrack worth getting.

Zur did a decent job on Tactics. I would've been happier had they hired Morgan, but Zur is definitely not a bad pick.

From the sound of the music I've heard some of the tracks are a bit "huh". Like the banjo in Megaton (too Redding, it didn't work there it won't work here) and the combat music is a bit annoying, but he did a good job overall.

Back
Top Bottom