Capes - First Impressions @ Mortismal Gaming

This looks cool but too bad there isn't any sort of base building/research/central hub mechanics as in xcom. The video seems to suggest there might be but a developer comment on Steam squashed that: "No metagame, only missions."

Ouch. Well, at least that cleared up any lingering doubts, I suppose. It could be something later added with additional content yet with that tone of response, I expect not.

Ouch. Well, at least that cleared up any lingering doubts, I suppose. It could be something later added with additional content yet with that tone of response, I expect not.
Yeah, it really seems like an opportunity missed as the combat looks decent.

Yeah, it really seems like an opportunity missed as the combat looks decent.
The combat isn't bad. Try the Steam demo.

I thought it was ok, but it wasn't for me. I don't like when tactical games drop multiple waves of enemy reinforcements, and this game does that.

"No metagame, only missions."
Well, that sucks. They're missing a main attraction. Part of the fun of having a superhero team is developing a base for that team. What would the Avengers be without the Avenger's Mansion/Compound/etc and their danger rooms? Even with single heroes there is the Bat Cave, or Iron Man's tech labs, etc.
I'll have to play the demo to see the specifics.

Played the demo.. Well, the first three missions, anyway.
I see what people mean about waves of enemies (every mission had them, and the characters even comment "I hope this is the last one!").
The VO is also pretty uneven.

Still, the TB combat is really good. I'll follow it for now and see what sort of price point it gets released at.

Back
Top Bottom