Dungeons of the Amber Griffin - Playtest Launch

Playing this now. It feels a lot like Legend of Grimrock 2. Seems pretty good for what it is, but it's basically just a demo. No access to the campaign in the playtest.

Playing this now. It feels a lot like Legend of Grimrock 2. Seems pretty good for what it is, but it's basically just a demo. No access to the campaign in the playtest.
D you have any idea of how the content compares to the Nextfest demo from a while ago?

Edit: the playtest has a "Request Access" button at the moment. Did you have to go through some sort of request process to get access, @JDR13? Or have I arrived too late to get straight in.

Last edited:
D you have any idea of how the content compares to the Nextfest demo from a while ago?

Edit: the playtest has a "Request Access" button at the moment. Did you have to go through some sort of request process to get access, @JDR13? Or have I arrived too late to get straight in.
There was a Next Fest demo? :unsure:

I requested access a couple of weeks ago and only just got the playtest today.

There was a Next Fest demo? :unsure:

I requested access a couple of weeks ago and only just got the playtest today.
I played a demo of it either early this year or late last year. (I just checked in the discussions that that was the case, because my brain feels old, but I was remembering correctly)
I just assumed it was Nextfest, because it was only up for a limited time.

Just found a bit in the dicussions from the devs:
There is no point in firing up the old demo because the game has come a very long way since then to how it looks now. So many things have changed that the previous demo looks bad next to the new version of the game.
The new version is just cooler :)
Hopefully we'll be able to fire up the demo in June!
So, looks like the playtest version will be improved from what I played (which seemed pretty good anyway).

I'll do the Request Access thing just in case they have another round.

I believe this Request Access button accepts your request automatically. I had to wait around .1 seconds for it to turn into a Play Game button after clicking! :)

I believe this Request Access button accepts your request automatically. I had to wait around .1 seconds for it to turn into a Play Game button after clicking! :)
Hah, you're right!
I got a pop up saying that I'll get an email when they need me, but when I rechecked just now it says Play Now. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom