SW:TOR - A Decade later...

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
SWTOR Strategies looks at the current state of Star Wars: The Old Republic:

Star Wars: The Old Republic - A Decade Later, How Do Its Visuals Hold Up?

It's been over a decade since the release of "Star Wars: The Old Republic" (SWTOR), a massively multiplayer online role-playing game that transported players to a galaxy far, far away. With its expansive universe, intricate storylines, and memorable characters, SWTOR quickly became a staple in the gaming community. But as with all games, especially those in the MMO genre, the question arises: How well have its visuals aged over the years?

A Trip Down Memory Lane
When SWTOR first launched, it was lauded for its cinematic storytelling, voice acting, and immersive environments. The game's graphics, while not cutting-edge even for its time, were competent and served the narrative-driven gameplay well. The character models, animations, and world design were detailed enough to immerse players in the vast Star Wars universe.

Comparing to Modern Standards
Fast forward to today, and the gaming landscape has seen a significant evolution in terms of graphics and visual fidelity. Modern titles boast near-photorealistic graphics, intricate details, and dynamic lighting that can make older games like SWTOR seem dated in comparison.

However, it's essential to consider the context. SWTOR was never about pushing the boundaries of visual technology. Instead, it focused on delivering a rich, story-driven experience set in the beloved Star Wars universe. And in that regard, it succeeded immensely.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

They are currently planning further graphical upgrades.

Me, I was never able to play that game in its full graphical glory. My PCs were always too weak for it.

Back
Top Bottom