The Invincible - Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Adventure RPG The Invinceble will be released today:

The Invincible

The Invincible is a first-person Sci-Fi thriller set in a retro-future timeline. Waking up as a space scientist on a hostile planet, you embark on a mysterious mission to find the missing crew of your spaceship. Survival is a matter of your correct choices, taken whilst uncovering the secrets of the planet, bigger than anyone thought.

You are a scientist onboard an interstellar scientific expedition, suddenly thrown into a life-or-death rescue mission. Landing on a planet Regis III you have to find the missing crew members using some advanced space equipment, whilst relying on your brains and instincts to survive on the planet which quickly occurs to be unwelcoming. Soon you'll discover that Regis III holds terrifying secrets which are uncovered while you're piecing together the fate of your crew. And as you delve deeper into the mystery, you realise that perhaps you are not alone and that some places like this planet are better left untouched. But it's too late to turn back.

Features

• Retro-future atompunk setting reminiscent of the space race
  • Analogue yet very advanced technology allowing for drones and autonomous robots to support or spoil your mission
  • Immersive gameplay with a non-linear story shaped by your relationships, choices and persuasive skills
  • Beautiful, state of the art graphics powered by Unreal Engine
  • Intriguing story inspired by Stanislaw Lem's seminal sci-fi cult classic of the same name

More information.

A reviewer on Steam said it was a 7-10h game. If that's true, it's somewhat shorter than I expected. Hopefully there's some replay value.
I have no issue with that, even shorter, if they manage to blow me away with the story. But that is a big if.
I played What Remains of Edith Finch, and it was absolutely wonderful, a "walking simulator" with great creativity and a touching story. And it took only 2h.

Reviews also claim it's a slow paced game so if true as well that's dissapointing.

Reviews also claim it's a slow paced game so if true as well that's dissapointing.
On the contrary, if it's got a solid story and good atmosphere being slow is not a drawback.
I love slowly paced games when they're done properly. It can also be very immersive.

It was already known that it's a slow-paced game. That's nothing new. There was a playable demo released earlier this year.

Well that's you not me. Different tastes and all that. ^^

I rather play starfield which is more of an RPG.

I didn't say anything about preferences. I'm simply saying that it's been known for a while that invincible is a walking simulator type adventure game.

Back
Top Bottom