The Crazy Hyper-Dungeon Chronicles - Announced

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Paolo Nicoletti announced the dungeon crawler/roguelike The Crazy Hyper-Dungeon Chronicles - a demo will be available soon:

The Crazy Hyper Dungeon Chronicles Trailer

Dive into this 2D Roguelite Dungeon-crawler and get catapulted into a series of mind-bending labyrinths with a top-down perspective. All this is rendered in glorious pixel-art and adorned with a turn-based combat system infused with electrifying arcade nuances, where each weapon serves as a unique extension of your character.

Another hallmark of this adventure is its randomly generated level design. Every zone of the Hyper-Dungeon is a unique universe, different from any other gameplay session. The layout of the rooms, the shape of the corridors, and the placement of monsters, traps, and treasures are reinvented every time, providing players with an ever-changing challenge.

Navigating these subterranean levels will be anything but a walk in the park: you'll need tactics, quick reflexes, and keen observation to overcome lethal traps and a wide variety of enemies. The full version of the game offers a total of 50 meticulously designed levels, paying special attention to gameplay mechanics, plot, and dialogue. The gameplay offers a broad spectrum of experiences that continually alternate: from last-stand battles to tactical reasoning, and from puzzles that require intuition and wit.

Each level is a microcosm unto itself, with different biomes, varying levels of brightness, and changing dimensions. Think you can dodge some challenges? Think again... what invaluable treasures will you miss by taking the easier path? But it doesn't end here: classic mechanics of the genre--such as character development, leveling up, and collecting rare items--are enriched by an intuitive yet effective crafting system.

Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to customize your fighting technique with three different styles, each with unique unlockable abilities. Monsters in the game are numerous and exhibit different behaviors, making encounters compelling without being excessively difficult or frustrating: we firmly believe that a video game should above all be fun.

But don't be fooled by the seriousness of the challenge: the entire adventure is imbued with eccentric humor and sharp dialogue, rich in pop culture, nerd/geek references, and nods to classic video game lore, which, we hope, will capture the heart of every gamer!
More information.

...will capture the heart of every gamer!
Welp, I've been following this site since RPGDot and before that, and this is the single boldest claim I've ever seen from a developer.

It's a bold statement for sure, the challenge will be in the delivery. I like having three distinct combat styles, this might be one I could easily get lost in.

This looks like the kind of game I'd love on my phone but would never get to the top of the queue for the limited time I have for desktop games. Hope it gets an android release.

Back
Top Bottom