Mass Effect 5 - Official N7 Day Teaser Trailer

Great, only about 5-8 years in development, including 2-3 complete restarts and change of engine we might see next cinematic teaser about it. Cant wait.

obviousloy a woman forced as main char ..

It's interesting that they're hinting at Andromeda and people also seem to believe that Liara will be involved. In Me: Andromeda, it took 600 years for people to arrive from the Milky Way. So either this is gonna be quite far in the future, or Bioware is going to shoehorn in some plot device that allows for faster intergalactic travel.

Of course it'll use the EA launcher as that replaced Origin but forced female nah.

You'll be able to customize whoever is the main player this time not Liara.

People who have "decoded" things so far seem to point to some kind of time anomaly, thus making pretty much anything possible. Time travel has kept Star Trek alive since the 60's when certain paths needed to be re-written, writers needed to be rescued from the corner they've painted themselves into, etc.

The N7 thing can also be taken with a grain of salt. They used that gimmick to get people onboard with Andromeda, only to write that whole thing off in the first hour of the game.

I also don't believe it forces a female character. FemShep was featured throughout the Mass Effect series promos, even though it was a choice.

The game is a long way off, regardless.

The add I had to watch felt longer then the trailer :p
Sitting through advertisements so you can see an advertisement for something you won't even be able to buy for at least a year. Modern times.

obviousloy a woman forced as main char ..
I think they'll bring back Shepard who had been turned to stone back then and was just recently turned back to flesh. The game will be Mass Effect: Stone Lord
Also he will bring his pet.

Last edited:
This is very exciting news to me... I'm DYING for a new ME sequel... I played 2, 3, and 4 (which everyone moaned about, but I quite enjoyed it), so a 5th entry sounds AMAZING! Same as a new DA entry... I'm quite anxious for that as well, after all, these are STAPLE games, that historically have moved their respective genres forward (despite all the whining from people)...

Same as a new DA entry... I'm quite anxious for that as well, after all, these are STAPLE games, that historically have moved their respective genres forward (despite all the whining from people)...
In what ways did Dragon Age 2 or Inquisition move the genre forward?

FWIW, Liara isn't female or male, if I remember correctly there is no notion of male or female for the Asari.

FWIW, Liara isn't female or male, if I remember correctly there is no notion of male or female for the Asari.
The Codex in the original Mass Effect trilogy calls them an “all-female race” actually. Andromeda retconned them into something they called “mono-gendered”, most likely to pander to the increasingly looney gender stuff that had emerged in RL by then.

The Codex in the original Mass Effect trilogy calls them an “all-female race” actually. Andromeda retconned them into something they called “mono-gendered”, most likely to pander to the increasingly looney gender stuff that had emerged in RL by then.
In fairness, "all-female race" never made sense. If they're all one gender, there would be no concept of male or female.

Back
Top Bottom