Arcanum - As a Windows 10 App

What a shame as the game could use an update for modern systems.

I'm referring to why he can't release it to the public.

It's impressive that he did that by himself in a few hours.

I'd still love to see an official enhanced edition someday.

You'd think that whoever holds the rights would allow Tim to produce an updated EXE for them for distribution on platforms like GoG.

I wonder if this was Tim's way of signaling to Microsoft or something, that he's open to it.
Hoping the fans would now head to MS's door and push for Arcanum. If it is, it's a good idea. I just don't know if there is enough movement in that direction.
Microsoft now has a boatload of IP under their belt. What are the chances they would both with Arcanum.
I would hope MS would have multiple little teams assessing each IP, and possibly deciding to invest.
But truthfully the only way I think MS would do this if they would also want to reboot the franchise, and/or add a sequel or something.
But Obsidian already has another steampunk IP in the works, so ... I don't know.

But it does sound like it should be easy enough for them to contract Tim to make it workable on modern systems and patch some thing. That sounds like it shouldn't cost much, and it doesn't sound like Tim would gouge them for a lot of money either.

Someone must be interested in making some money from Arcanum, considering it's on both GOG and Steam.

ARCANUM REMASTERED, anyone? :)

I've been saying that for years but Activision now owned by Microsoft doesn't care. All they have to do is get Obsidian or another developer to do so. Just a pipe dream.

I'm also talking about a full remake not a remaster. Same with Fallout 1 and 2.:drool:

The game needs better balancing and a better combat system anyways, so even if it was owned by someone who cared, I don't think simply remastering it would be worth the time and effort. They would need to semi-remake it to resonate with today's gamers.

Too bad Tim can't/won't leak an unofficial update. :( That would be nice to see.

What would also be cool is if someone licensed the IP from Microsoft and created a remaster or a sequel. How much could an old unused IP like this actually cost?

Back
Top Bottom