Jagged Alliance 3 - Free DLC Update

Haven't watched it but was this the DLC with the new quest chain?

If it's free even better but I thought that was going to be paid DLC.:unsure:

They have one more scheduled update (1.5) that adds full mod support for maps and quests. I imagine they will annouced a paid expansion or a sequel around the time 1.5 hits. There are a ton of mods for JA3 already and it will be interesting to see what we get after 1.5 hits.

I'd say the paid expansion are not a safe bet given Embracers downsizing and financial troubles. Still what did I know just a thought based on current events.

Guess it depends on how well the game sold vs how much the expansion will cost.

Also I read it hasn't sold more then 250,000+ copies and that's not good.

Also I read it hasn't sold more then 250,000+ copies and that's not good.
It's all relative though. According the the dev's it had the strongest opening sales of all their games so far. They have also been good at patching it and setting up good modding tools so it should have a long tail for sales - they haven't had a deep sale yet but that might happen in the upcoming sales season possibly. Over the next 4-5 years it will definately outsell Tropico 5 so I imagine it will keep a good chunk of their employees paid. I think having more IP's will also set them up well for the future i.e. Jagged Alliance, Tropico and Surviving Mars - all these games have a reasonably dedicated fanbase so as long as they can make these games cheapily they will do alright.

Again from what I read and data available the game only sold well it's first week per PR statements. From a business view sales are not high but your correct they have a small dedicated/loyal fanbase. Mostly from Europe as well given the data.:unsure:

All that matters was the low sales were enough to cover the games development.

Back
Top Bottom