Avowed - Gameplay Deep Dive

Meh slow news day what I can say. I don't watch every video I submit.🤷

Well two points did come to mind. Having recruitable personalities for a party is definitely a plus. I would also prefer it to support the classes and multi-classing of PoE2. But if it at least supports all the classes and races for the PC, that'd be good.

Definitely feeling hesitant about Avowed since they released their trailer this year, but maybe it'll surprise us? I'm hopeful.

I had a hard time finishing PoE because I struggle to enjoy CRPGs in general. BG3 is the only game in that style that's truly held my attention. I was pretty excited to see PoE going the Elder Scrolls route, so we'll see how it turns out.

I'm with @rjshae on the companions / class systems, surely those will be crucial pieces to its depth, despite its more casual look on its cover.

Those are interesting points. I liked both games as classic RPGs, but I struggled to keep playing and never finished either of them. Perhaps it'll be easier with that format for players who had that problem with PoE - I know many players didn't.

While keeping the companions and classes would be a good thing, they'll have to manage how the lore is conveyed to the players, hopefully not by pouring it onto them until they drown in it.

Back
Top Bottom