Avowed - What to expect?

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gamerant asks what we can expect from Avowed in 2024:

What to Expect From Avowed in 2024

Obsidian's upcoming RPG, Avowed, is set to release sometime in 2024, with fans hoping for more information or a firm date soon.

HIGHLIGHTS

• Avowed is an upcoming open-world RPG from Obsidian, known for its rich worlds and engaging gameplay.
  • While it may resemble an Elder Scrolls game, Avowed has a smaller scope and scale, but still offers a lot for fantasy RPG fans.
  • The release of Avowed is scheduled for 2024, with a potential release date in May or Fall, and more updates are expected soon.
[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

I honestly appreciate the smaller scope ... if Starfield has shown anything is that 'bigger at all costs' is BORING.

It's interesting that they're listing "open-world" as one of the highlights here. I thought it was revealed a few months ago that it wasn't going to be a true open-world game.

I hope Obsidian doesn't turn Avowed into what is essentially an Open-ended Skyrim with a PoE paint job.

I wanna see them take new risks with new opportunities, not regurgitate and reminisce about old glories that they're still the "Fallout: New Vegas" guys, just make something new that you're proud of and have passion for, and I think most will be happy.

I'm all for them recreating the New Vegas formula myself
I am too, however, I'm unsure whether Obsidian has the capabilities to do the formula justice.
One of the key qualities of NV is its strong writing coupled with an array of reactive player choices, I'm 100% sure Obsidian can do the latter but not so certain about the former.

Back
Top Bottom