S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Preview @ PCWorld

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Couchpotato spotted a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 preview at PCWorld:

STALKER 2 preview: A cult classic meets Unreal Engine 5

Tough like Dark Souls, apocalyptic like the Fallout series. Could Stalker 2 be the atmospheric hit of 2024?

We wake up in a daze, the sky above us turning an ominous red color. We hear a loud growl, which gets louder in the first few minutes of Stalker 2: Heart of Chernobyl. A mutated dog is nibbling on our leg; it has probably chosen it as its lunch. Its eyes are glowing red, its fur is rotting, its flesh is rotting. Never mind, get rid of it - one kick later, the mutant dog flies into an anomaly and shreds in a violent blood blister.

It's like throwing a tomato into a blender, but there are no tomatoes here. Instead, there's plenty of eye-candy thanks to Unreal Engine 5: abandoned buildings flooded with deep, wintry light; threadbare forests punctuated by oily, shimmering bubbles of distorted reality; patches of quiet humanity sprawling across the wilderness.

[...]
More information.

I'm getting that Metro vibe, no bad thing by any means.
Also in my top 3 anticipated.

for those who read the preview: is it based on new info or is it just a rant with several months old info? If it's the latter, I'd prefer to skip it and not waste my time.

is it based on new info or is it just a rant with several months old info? If it's the latter, I'd prefer to skip it and not waste my time.
Here's the cliff notes summary of the preview article:
  • STALKER 2: HEART OF CHERNOBYL, powered by Unreal Engine 5, offers stunning visuals and atmospheric environments, combining horror and paradisiacal scenarios.
  • The game is a hardcore shooter that emphasizes realism, requiring players to think tactically and survive in a dangerous world.
  • The AI in STALKER 2 is intelligent and poses a real challenge, throwing grenades and adapting strategies to eliminate the player.
  • The story follows the player in the Zone, where they wake up naked and destitute, joining stalkers, doing jobs, and searching for powerful artifacts.

Back
Top Bottom