Alaloth - New Sub-Genre?

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The devs of Alaloth: Champions of The Four Kingdoms think their game is pretty unique:

Creating a new genre in RPG? Let's do it together!

Hello Champions!

As we stand on the cusp of a new year, I find myself reflecting on the incredible journey we've undertaken together. This marks the second time since the letter celebrating Alaloth's first anniversary that I've taken a personal moment, but it feels like the right time once again. It's been a year of growth and challenges, and I wanted to share my thoughts with you personally.

I am thrilled to see how much our beloved game has flourished over the past year. Alaloth has evolved into something special, a unique RPG like no others currently on the market. I owe it all to the dedicated team that has poured their passion into the world of Plamen. It's hard to believe that we are now a team of just five strong individuals, and together we've accomplished so much.

Your feedback, suggestions, and support have played a key role in shaping the game into what it is today. We've soared to new heights, exceeding 75 patches with updates that have enriched the world through three major content drops: Dragonhold, Lorebound, and Skylight. Every feature, tweak, and addition was crafted with you in mind, and I take great pride in affirming that we've upheld our commitment to timely and meaningful updates. While the journey has been great, it hasn't been without its challenges. As many of you are aware, our situation could have been different if certain partners hadn't reneged on the support they were contractually obligated to provide. In response, we've taken a stand, and legal action has been initiated. We fervently believe in the game, and we are resolute in our determination to see it realize its full potential.

Every single dollar we've earned has been reinvested in the project. We've been here, even during Christmas, tirelessly patching and working. Every review, every post on this board, every comment on Discord and all around the web is answered almost in real time, reaffirming our dedication to this world and its community.

As we bid farewell to 2023, I want to express my deepest gratitude to each and every one of you. Your passion, dedication, and belief in the project have fueled our journey. Together, let's make 2024 the year of Alaloth, a year of epic adventures and new horizons.

Stay legendary, share the love!

See you all next year tomorrow!
Alberto
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Hmm...sure but what would you call the genre as it's Diablo crossed with Souls combat? Seems development has meet another roadblock as well once again.

Hopefully it's not about their past or current publisher once again.:unsure:

I wasn't impressed when I tried the playtest. I felt like it was more of an average at best mish-mash of styles than something unique.

To be fair though, that was more than a year ago. I'm not sure how far it's come since then.

Is isometric Souls-like a new sub-genre? Isn't that what Achilles: Legends Untold has already made? Even so, just changing the perspective a notch is hardly a new sub-genre in my book.

Maybe - hopefully - it does have unique features, but that's what every game should have.

Is isometric Souls-like a new sub-genre? Isn't that what Achilles: Legends Untold has already made? Even so, just changing the perspective a notch is hardly a new sub-genre in my book
You can even buy a isometric souls-like bundle. It includes Alaloth and...Achilles: Legends Untold. 🙂

I wasn't impressed when I tried the playtest. I felt like it was more of an average at best mish-mash of styles than something unique.

To be fair though, that was more than a year ago. I'm not sure how far it's come since then.
I last played it about 6 months ago and the main thing I noticed is a lot of the spells had been nerfed to only have a 2 or 3 charges per level.

[massive rant redacted] xD

ed: looks like there's a new area to explore now. Could be cool.

Back
Top Bottom