1​
Tales of Three Kingdoms: The Mortal World
1​
Hyper Light Breaker
1​
Crown Wars: The Black Prince
1​

Thanks for the great work @HiddenX !

And now for something completely different: I have seen enough hyped games, which were a big disappointment, when they finally came out, but also games, which turned out being great without being on the radar.
Therefore I will be happy about every game, which turns out to be good, regardless of my expectations...

Seems like for the last few years the staff can't agree on anything. We used to have both staff picks and members picks articles. Still all three were a surprise.

Never thought Dreadwolf would get first given BioWare isn't well liked anymore.

Last edited:
Wow, wasn't expecting that. Do people really have that much faith in Bioware these days? (I hope it's good, too, but...)
Also, None? Couldn't find anything else in that list that shows promise? You sad sad people. :p

I'm surprised with Dragon Age - I guess after all these years, people still believe in Bioware.

I'm surprised with Dragon Age - I guess after all these years, people still believe in Bioware.
It's more about the other choices just not being that good. I've got near zero faith in Bioware, and I still stuck in Dreadwolf as one of my three choices, though can't remember the ranking.

I didn't vote, but my most anticipated are all lower on the list: Tainted Grail. FF:Rebirth, Citizen Sleeper 2, The Thaumaturge, Sovereign Syndicate. The high profile games all whisper of disaster to me.

Ok, I will say it loudly :) : people are very naive and irrational regarding nostalgia and dream games of the past.
We saw basically nothing from DA Dreadwolf, lot of talents left and recent reputation is bad. I wonder if people would vote the same way if EA would make FPS named Dragon Age. :)

I didn't think Dragon Age would actually be out in 2024, but then I've not been following it too closely.
The latest BioWare blog update claimed a 2024 release was the target. I expect we'll get more info soon and gameplay possibly later in the year. 2025 is still possible.

Last edited:
The amount of none votes is what really surprises me. There's such a large number of RPGs due out this year and a pretty big variety. I had trouble narrowing it down to just 3 titles.

I somewhat agree as I play less games myself, as it's a consequence of getting older and not having time to play them. Main reason why I cheat to finish them.

Like said before many are playing games from 2022 or earlier instead

Dragon Age?!

There must be a lot of members who remain silent in these forums. ;)
Yeah, I never got around to voting, and I regret it now. I'm guessing a lot of members kept putting it off until it was too late.

Also, not a single vote for Monomyth. I think that game looks more promising than 90% of the games on that list.

I think something clearly went wrong if DA: DreadWolf got the nod or we have a lot of closet DA:I fans. Gothic 1 remake? Really?!?

It would be cool if we could actually see the results broken down with users etc.

Well, I have very little hope that DA4 will be somewhat good, but still voted for it.

The reason is that meanwhile I'm only motivated playing RPGs if "deep" NPC/companions are involved. (That's not sufficient, just necessary.)
In the past 3 years the only RPGs (or RPGish) games I've played are: BG3, WotR, Jedi Survivor, Expeditions: Rome, Elex II, CP77. Only outliner is Solasta where I was intrigued about the DnD adaption and the tag system for the party characters. (Apart from that I sometimes play TBS strategy games and sports games.)

So I don't know what kind of game DA4 will be, but I'm almost sure that NPC/companions will play a major role. I'm not sure about this for most of the other games on the list, where I have to admit that I know next to nothing about most of them.

Back
Top Bottom