Archaelund - Early Access Release

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The party based RPG Archaelund will be released into Early Access today:

Archaelund Trailer

Explore a vast open world and crawl through dungeons in first person, then fight tactical turn-based battles from a top-down perspective. Guide your adventuring party through Archaelund, mankind's last frontier, and uncover its many secrets.
More information.

I am also close to pull the trigger on this one. Anybody got any impressions?
I have played for 2 hours. Exploration and the first dungeon are done well. It's a large world map and a nice use of skills so far. Slow leveling, after 2 hours still level one. Your characters don't look great in combat but it's not terrible.

Combat is hard and it's old school. I enjoyed character creation but I like random rolling for single-player games. It's like the first two Fallouts. Because of the hard combat, I may have to recreate my party and go the min-max route.

Combat is hard and it's old school. I enjoyed character creation but I like random rolling for single-player games. It's like the first two Fallouts. Because of the hard combat, I may have to recreate my party and go the min-max route.

That sounds good to me, and that's where the fun is (for me at least).

I like it. Hopefully it will get out of EA before I retire. Or maybe doesnt matter, by that time I might actually be able to play games again.

2026 planned actual release. Oh well.

I'll have a look if I'm alive by then.

Yeah, I'm interested, but think I'll wait until release or at least until it's closer to being finished.

Combat is hard and it's old school. I enjoyed character creation but I like random rolling for single-player games.
Yes, I prefer doing that aswell.

Then for my last character it'll roll me:

12 12 12 12 12 12

Or some such literally nothing roll and effectively force me to re-roll. Never fails.

Do you prefer games that ask you to choose a class then roll or games that ask you to roll and then pick a class? And which way does this game do it?

Yes, I prefer doing that aswell.

Then for my last character it'll roll me:

12 12 12 12 12 12

Or some such literally nothing roll and effectively force me to re-roll. Never fails.

Do you prefer games that ask you to choose a class then roll or games that ask you to roll and then pick a class? And which way does this game do it?
Rolling first and then picking a class is really old school, like M&M1 and Wiz1. I like to pick the class first and then roll like in Solasta. You pick the class first in Archaeland and then have 5 skill points to add. Each class has minimum requirements. The different races also have bonuses or disadvantages. You can subtract from stats also.

You start the game naked on a shore with no items so the beginning can be difficult.

You start the game naked on a shore with no items so the beginning can be difficult.

Perfect, just how I like it.

This game is starting to grow on me. I made a new group and they just hit lvl 2. Starting to pick up some new combat strategies and had an NPC join my party. Looks like you can join factions. There's a faction tab with a bunch of different factions.

I think the battle maps could be better but they're not bad. I am looking forward to seeing how the game plays at higher lvls.

I think the battle maps could be better but they're not bad. I am looking forward to seeing how the game plays at higher lvls.
How do you feel in general about the game being in first-person but switching to isometric for combat?

My first thought is that I'd rather he had done something like Wiz 8 where it stays a blobber but you can change your party's formation. Maybe this was easier for him though.

Back
Top Bottom