RPG General News - Upcoming RPGs @ PC Gamer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer presents some upcoming RPGs:

11 upcoming RPGs that might finally pull me away from Baldur's Gate 3

There are tons of exciting, ambitious RPGs in development, and lots of them are releasing this year.

The enormity of Baldur's Gate 3's briefly stirred up anxieties over raised expectations for future games: Are we going to feel let down by every subsequent RPG that can't match BG3's scope and complexity?

[...]

• Sovereign Syndicate
  • Unforetold: Witchstone
  • Broken Roads
  • Dragon's Dogma 2
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
  • Avowed
  • Dread Delusion
  • Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
  • Where Winds Meet
  • The Wayward Realms
  • Lightforge Games' social RPG
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Once again I find myself confused by references to Wayward Realms as something that will be a game someday. Last I heard there was no funding, just a very polished press package with a few 3D models and concept art.

Once again I find myself confused by references to Wayward Realms as something that will be a game someday. Last I heard there was no funding, just a very polished press package with a few 3D models and concept art.
Not sure about the funding part, but I think it's odd to include it among games that will be getting released over the next 12 months. Assuming it happens, Wayward Realms is probably years away.

These guys talk a really good game, so much so that people react like the game is in active development. They could definitely teach some other indies about marketing.

Back
Top Bottom